PDA

View Full Version : [ffg star wars] looking for players

Trennik
July 25th, 2016, 01:10
FG License: Ultimate
Game System: Fantasy Flight Star Wars

Time Zone: MST
Day of week and time: Sunday / Any (Late Night after 9pm)
If new game, planned start date: Any
Planned Frequency: as often as possible
Term: long

Text or Voice: Both
Voice software used: Teamspeak

Roleplay & Combat mix: Mixed / Unknown
Number of Players in game & needed: none / all
Character starting level & equipment: 1 - starting
Character restrictions: none, anything from the books

Details of your scenario: Any mix of Age of Rebellion, Force & Destiny, & Edge of the Empire. Fully fleshed Star Wars game spanning the galaxy with any characters / party comp.

I currently run two Pathfinder games on Wednesday, a Rise of the Runelords and Skull & Shackles, and I also run an in-store game of Pathfinder Society scenarios on Sundays, but I'd like to schedule in some Star Wars. I've wanted to run a game ever since I picked up Edge of the Empire when it came out, and the more it sits on my shelf the more I want to play. The problem is that I'm really busy, I don't have any prime time to devote to it, but at nights on Sundays and potentially other days I could fit in some sessions. I'd really like to do that for the right group of players. The people I'm looking for are experienced roleplayers who know that they can ace their character and the game system. Players that are confident they can make an awesome character and play that character to the fullest.

I'm not sure how the game works out in Fantasy Grounds, but I feel like I can make it really good. I usually like to run published material, but I imagine this will be a mix of published and custom adventures.

This post is to gauge interest and hopefully muster some players! Lets put together a fun Star Wars game.

Inocente
July 25th, 2016, 01:26
Hello I would be interested and I am free today and other sundays. Only thing is that I havent played this system before and dont have any source material. I am PST, let me know if it would be ok for me to join.

Thank You,

Inocente

Trennik
July 25th, 2016, 03:27
Well, you'll need one of the books, and you'll want to get familiar with it. There's not a free online srd or anything like Pathfinder. Other than that, I'd be happy to have you play!

Mrvnhrrr
July 28th, 2016, 03:45
Hi Trennik, I am interested! I am PST and looking for anything late at night! I have minor experience in FG, I have only played 2 campaigns in 5E locally and run a campaign as a DM locally ( Still going ). I would love to pick up the books and prepare myself if and when you decide to get this going. Would I need to grab all three of those SW books?

SoupViking
July 28th, 2016, 17:15
I'd favor the game as well, but would need clarification on the game length as the time described is late. How long would a game session be expected to last?

Trenloe
July 28th, 2016, 18:03
The free FFG download of "Under a Black Sun" has a concise overview of the system: https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/18/ff/18ff8afe-bf19-47a3-97e5-a313ded3d6b3/under_a_black_sun_lores.pd

OggDude's character generation application is an amazing help in putting a PC together: https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/89135-another-character-generator But you'll still need access to a rule book as not all text is included due to copyright. I show how to manually enter your character into the EotE ruleset in a short video here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6oOdW6SsMwsT0ltUVdkVzA0Njg/view

If you have any questions about the EotE ruleset please check the videos and first few posts in the main ruleset thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24151-Star-Wars-Edge-of-the-Empire-Age-of-Rebellion-Force-and-Destiny-v2-ruleset There are a few things that aren't done in the usual Fantasy Grounds way due to the nature of the EotE RPG.

You can also see a complete session video from a player perspective (from FG Con 6) here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpAnb8EAz4Y&list=PLBW-SmHnjnPE7sCNsK6UGMDxOFMM4dky4&index=1

Hope the above links help in getting you started.

Enjoy your game! :)

If you have any further question on the ruleset, please PM me.

Trennik
August 1st, 2016, 03:22
Thanks very much, Trenloe! I have everything going pretty well, and haven't run into any complications, yet.

To answer a couple questions:

One of the three Fantasy Grounds Star Wars books is all you need. I'm rolling them all into one game, but they're standalone. My general description is if you like Jedi the most, get Force & Destiny - if you like Boba Fett the most, get Edge of the Empire - and if you like X-Wing pilots/Rebel Alliance, get Age of Rebellion. Those are extremely truncated descriptions, but I think it gives the right general feeling.

I'm looking at two time slots right now. Saturday 11:30pm-4am or Sunday 11pm-3am. I'd like sessions to last 4 hours, but obviously sometimes they start late or end early.

Again, this is a really late/early game. People who aren't into that unfortunately have to look elsewhere. Also, keep in mind I'm looking for roleplaying vets to will do an awesome job with their characters. OggDude's character generator is so useful and great I think FFG should seriously think about paying him to include it with the books on disc or at the very least as an official download.

Trenloe
August 1st, 2016, 04:52
OggDude's character generator is so useful and great I think FFG should seriously think about paying him to include it with the books on disc or at the very least as an official download.
FFG are very limited in the license they have from Lucas Arts. All of the Star Wars licenses were developed in the 80s (before the advent of eBooks) and so any computer based content at all (including PDFs) is covered under a different license relating to computer games. FFG only have a book based commercial license, so they can't do anything Star Wars on computers - hence why you don't even see any PDF versions of the rulebooks.

bigboom
August 1st, 2016, 08:20
I'm looking at two time slots right now. Saturday 11:30pm-4am or Sunday 11pm-3am. I'd like sessions to last 4 hours, but obviously sometimes they start late or end early.

Hi Trennik, per the PM I sent you, I'd be interested in the Saturday slot if you'll have me. Let me know what additional info you'd like from me by way of applying to the table and I'll reply in more detail via PM (or email)!

anima110
August 1st, 2016, 16:05
i played a game before and it was fun would not mind geting back in to a game

Trennik
August 6th, 2016, 19:03
For the people interested, let's try meeting in the Fantasy Grounds TeamSpeak tonight and tomorrow night. I've had some mixed responses for Saturday and/or Sunday so I'd like to see what the best turnout is.

anima110
August 6th, 2016, 23:02
at what time

Trennik
August 7th, 2016, 04:15
11pm-midnight, I'll probably be a little early.

anima110
August 7th, 2016, 04:24
ok see you then here is a time converter https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20160807T22&p1=3384

bigboom
August 7th, 2016, 06:11
I believe it's now a bit past 11pm MST? Are you in any specific channel, Trennik?

bigboom
August 7th, 2016, 06:28
Trennik, I had to drop as I was in the middle of a lunch appointment. While on TS, I briefly met anima110.

I've logged off now, but I'll still be interested if you put together something for the Saturday night slot.

Trennik
August 7th, 2016, 07:14
I went and got chocolate milk, so I was a little closer to midnight! I'll be on again next Saturday night, same bat time, same bat channel. I'll also be in TS tomorrow night to see what might come up for a Sunday night. Sundays are a little earlier for me, so it'll be about 9-10pm MST.

bigboom
August 7th, 2016, 08:36
Unfortunately, I won't be able to log on next Saturday as I'll be traveling that weekend. Perhaps the weekend after unless you've settled on going with the Sunday time by then.

Either way, I'll keep an eye open to see how your table forms up time wise!