PDA

View Full Version : Complete Rulseset SRD and custom Data

Durakh
August 24th, 2005, 07:45
Greetings everyone!

If bought the Complete SRD from Digitaladventures for my Eberron Campaign. Installed it and have a few questions.

I created some houserule entries, concerning backgroundinfo about Eberron, feats etc. now, with the complete ruleset installed, i dont see any space left to include my houserules. Further i used the great new expanded charactersheets which i can't use anymore.

Do i made something wrong installing them or is it just not possible to combine houserules, new charactersheets AND the complete SRD Ruleset?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Farewell Durakh

Thore_Ironrock
August 24th, 2005, 23:43
Greetings everyone!

If bought the Complete SRD from Digitaladventures for my Eberron Campaign. Installed it and have a few questions.

I created some houserule entries, concerning backgroundinfo about Eberron, feats etc. now, with the complete ruleset installed, i dont see any space left to include my houserules. Further i used the great new expanded charactersheets which i can't use anymore.

Do i made something wrong installing them or is it just not possible to combine houserules, new charactersheets AND the complete SRD Ruleset?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Farewell Durakh

Hi Durakh,

First off, thanks for purchasing my product.

Second, unfortunately, once you change my code I'm really not responsible for how it works or how to fix your problem. I will support the static code, but not alteration unless they come from me. I just don't have the time. I wish I did.

Third, if you do make changes to my ruleset please understand that it is for your personal use only, you cannot post it anywhere as a download, or the files associated with it since they were derived from my product and can only be used with such. If there is an 'add-on' you would like to propose for the ruleset please send it to me and I'll be happy to look at it. Since Ebberron is copyrighted by WoTC, I cannot touch that at all.

As for character sheets, someone else asked about them in another thread, and I really don't have any info on those either. If you search through the threads you can probably find a link to a new sheet someone else did awhile back.

If you have any other questions Durakh please let me know.

Regards,

Zane_Marlowe
August 25th, 2005, 02:55
Hey Durakh,

Just a couple notes. The House Rules were dropped because every kind of rule one could include is present in the existing reference menu. If you want to add feats, then add it to the existing feats structures there. Of course, make your changes careful and incremental since we're not going to be able to back you up, but it's possible to change the product at home as long as you don't distribute it to others, and those changes can be additions to anything that's present in there already. If you were going to add reference material, then you can add links and further reference text in those parts of the program.

As far as character sheets go, yes, it is possible to integrate a different character sheet, but you should carefully study the file changes between the base and the new sheet before attempting to include the new sheet into the SRD. Again, this isn't something we're going to be able to help you on, but I am letting you know that if you're careful and work with it, there's nothing in the CSRD that should prevent you from using it.

Durakh
August 25th, 2005, 07:46
Hi there,

the question i've asked about using you're product was sorely for my own private use with my campaign group. I understand and respect how to handle it copyrighted material.

I just wanted to know wether its possible to do or not before i invest my time in checking how i could do it. It's not a matter of minutes to look through all the data. So i thought to myself, ask :)

But i understand you're concerns in times where emule, torrent etc is a threat to all who want to make money with web-publications.

Thanks for the info :)

Kind regards
Durakh