PDA

View Full Version : LFP (1) Pathfinder Skulls & Shackles (Unlimited License)

Ken L
July 24th, 2016, 16:46
https://imgur.com/nkcJBd3.jpg

Pirates take whatever they please, wither it be ships, plunder, or people!

"You've heard of the Rumswagger and her captain; tales that have coasted from tavern halls and the lips of sailors in their cups. Some call his rise to fame a stroke of sheer luck, like a keg of ale 'bout to run dry. Others say this rise to be a sign of favor from the sea goddess herself. Whatever the angle one cares to hear, those aboard the Rumswagger are said to be rich to their ears in gold and treasures taken from the finest merchants and depths of the sea, their captain himself swimming in a hoard worthy of any dragon.

Rumors, are rumors of coarse, but even the most grandiose have a root of truth to them. Makes one to figure if the Rumswagger is all that it's up to be...

Skull and Shackles is a tale of adventure, a story of a group of brigands who start with little other than the clothes on their backs whom eventually carve their mark upon the world.

Fortune favors the bold, the merciless, and those who're willing to risk it all in the pursuit of greatness. Many a pirate have aspired to this goal, skirting the eye to raid the North-South Astivan trade routes, all the while fighting off denizens of the sodden lands which creep from its depths.

The Shackles.. a land both mysterious as it is rowdy, for those who call it home stand their ground. A home in a land constantly battered by the outer-bands of the eye, where the peal of blue thunder is a reminder of those lost, but whose courage continues to live on. They are a free people, beholden to no kings or queens they haven't named themselves.

Life upon the sea is hard, but Besmara never looked kindly upon the weak. Hoist the sails and raise the colors!

Because dead men tell no tales......."

FG License: Unlimited, therefore demo clients can connect
Game System: Pathfinder

Time Zone: Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) / Eastern Standard Time (EST), GMT -4 / GMT -5 pending season
Day of week and time: Saturday, 9:00 AM -> 4:00 PM EDT/EST
Start date: August 20th, 2016
Planned Frequency: Bi-Weekly
Term: Long term

Text or Voice: Voice primary, text for whispers
Voice software used: Teamspeak (music) and Skype

Roleplay & Combat mix: 65/35
Number of Players in game & needed: Have 4 players, need 1 more
Character starting level & equipment: 10, upon admittance we can discuss adjusted WBL and purchases as this has been a campaign running for almost two years.
Allowed Source Material:

Core Rule Book
Advanced Players Guide (No Gunslinger, No Summoner)
Ultimate Combat
Ultimate Magic
Inner Sea World Guide
Inner Sea Gods
Advanced Class Guide (No Arcanist, Must provide proof of purchase during character discussions)
Advanced Race Guide (Only for variant traits of the core races, no featured/uncommon/custom races allowed)
Ultimate Campaign (For Traits only)

What We're Looking For:

Those who enjoy roleplaying their characters
Drama-free personalities

What's Not Welcome:

Rule Lawyers
Roll players

How to apply:

A posting briefly detailing your experience with tabletop games, and how you like to play. Don't apply with a character concept or sheet as during discussions we'll build your character together; I'm more interested in yourself as a player.
A Private message with your Skype ID to arrange a voice interview as well as any how much you know of the campaign. (Lying that you've never played/read the AP will not improve your chances and will show poor character.)

Calendar: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1956

Eversalt
July 26th, 2016, 00:42
TTRPG's have been my #1 hobby for a long time. In the last 8 years I have experienced playing tabletop RPG's such as D&D 3, 3.5, 5, Pathfinder, One Ring, Deadlands, and Vampire: the Masquerade. The bulk of that experience is more recently within the last 2 years. Some of it GMing a few groups in Pathfinder. I am fairly adept at understanding mechanics, and I maintain a strong sense of integrity on my part as a player. However, I will be honest that I've never played a game with vanilla rules intact, above level 7.

As for how I like to play, I have moved beyond the isolationist phase of power-gaming in my early days, and would prefer to play a character with life, depth, and presence. I'm not the strongest of roleplayers, due to performance anxiety, but you won't have any complaints about my effort.

gaara6666
July 26th, 2016, 00:47
I am in the middle of this AP right now. It is great enjoyment, TONS TONS TONS of rp in it. can be a bit of a time crunch on stuff but otherwise the encounters are fair, fun, and challenging.

Ferrin
July 28th, 2016, 19:29
Hello, I have been playing tabletop for over a decade. Started with 3.5 playing and DMing. Then picked up Fantasy Grounds couple years ago, and switched over to Pathfinder. I have played in a few Pathfinder games in Fantasy Grounds, and mostly Homebrew. The one AP I did try was Skull and Shackles, made it to around level 3 before the game fell apart. GM had an ill loved one. Its what drew me to this game. Currently I am getting a Rise of the Runelords text game off the ground. But other than that I am not playing or GMing in any other game. My wife limits me to GM one and Play in one, so if you accept me I wouldn't be playing in any other game. Otherwise, she says I get to engrossed.

A little about my playing. No one has ever accused me of being a rules lawyer, I can say that. I prefer to think up what my character would do, and have the GM judge yea or nay. And feel knowing the rules to well, gets in the way of my creative thinking. Not to say that I am ignorant of the rules, I just forgo memorizing anything to specific or conditional as a rule.

As for Rollplaying, I enjoy building characters with inherent flaws and flavor. And I rarely make a character that is not a base race or class. I prefer skilled characters over feat heavy ones, and generalized over specialized. And I build them as I play, I don't plan levels out in advance. I do have a weakness for collecting magic items, even ones I would never need. Like a magic item pack rat.

The game time for me is 6 AM but with two kids that's actually when I wake up. Getting up a little earlier wouldn't be a problem. Currently I don't have skype, but I can easily sign up if you want me as a player.

Sebmono
August 5th, 2016, 16:23
Hi Ken, if you folks are still looking to add one more I'd love to throw my hat in the ring!

In terms of my experience, I played D&D 3.5 back when I was younger, gapped away from the hobby for several years and then came back into the fold with D&D 5 over the past year and a half (and played a couple campaigns to near completion through FG). Also played a bit of Deadlands back in the day (love me some alternate history!). Haven't actually played a Pathfinder game yet but have been pouring through the SRD over the past month and became kind of obsessed with the possibilities I keep imagining being able to take advantage of through the combination of diverse skills and classes within such a rich world mythology! So probably less experienced than most as far as actual gameplay, but I LOVE immersing myself in the worlds and characters that inhabit them, and roleplaying a character that both fits in with the group and provides as much fun to the other players as myself is my main objective (you can thank my days hamming it up in high school musicals for that, haha).

Most definitely NOT a rule lawyer and also wouldn't call myself a roll player; while I do like to have a rough preconception for how my character will try to develop (their "destiny", if you will), the most important focus for me is starting with a well-developed background that resonates with me (as player and person) and then adapting to how events and group dynamics evolve over time. Would love to chat further!

Cheers,
Sebastian

Lyconius
August 5th, 2016, 18:34
I literally JUST started playing this haha

mda0013
August 5th, 2016, 22:11
Well my name is Donnie,

I have played a few sessions of WOD and I have played D&D since 3.0. I have also played 3.5 and pathfinder. I did not enjoy 4.0 and I have not given 5.0 a chance. Tabletop wise I have also played warhammer 40K. Though not a lot if I am being honest. I prefer playing a support role more than anything else. I don't strive to be the most powerful, the richest, or the most mysterious. I simply enjoy a game where the dm shapes the world around us and surprises the group by being ready for any player shenanigans. One of my favorite DMS in the past was more than capable of giving out pleanty of items and when the items were misused or a charecter stated to "break" a campaign the dm was able to easily either take away the items, kill the charecters and sometimes even the party sometimes. Survival was always the most interesting part of the previous campaigns I was apart of.

Anyways, I will also add that I dont bother reading the booklets from campaigns. A previous party experince showed that it not only spoiled the experience when others did it, but the dm simply changed the elements around us and there was no telling for the other player who did read ahead to know if the information was helpful or not. Like I said we had a very capable DM who was quite the story teller. Now take the last part for what you will. There is no sense in lying in my opinion as lies are to difficult to keep track of anyway.

Morkelb
August 8th, 2016, 05:16
Howdy, GM.

My name is John, I have played pen and paper since 2nd ed. I honestly have no favorite system, I find them all nice for exactly what I use them for a relaxing time away from the real world. I treat role play gaming like many treat book reading, I like to get into a character and really get the feel for the poor sod that I am playing. I tend to build or find powerful combinations, in pathfinder there are certain race / class builds I tend to shy away from. I am more in line with playing a Inquisitor, Slayer, Witch or Barbarian. I love the half orc race, but that is just because I relate being a large brutish fellow in real life. I am looking for a game that captures my imagination and helps me bring to life the hero or villain that I chose to play. I will add the down side to me, I do and teach mathematics for a living, so when it comes to character creation I generally tend to try and put forth the best character I can, however the dice have claimed more than one of my many hero's. This being said, I love to work within a game in a team setting to overcome what ever the gods may throw at us. If the dice decide it is my time to shine, so be it however if the dice decide my fate is sealed so be that as well.

Casimirswalk
August 8th, 2016, 21:51
Hello and Greetings!

Im Bran, I've been playing 3.5 and pathfinder for about 10 years on and off. I've GM'd for a group playing Rise of the Rune Lords, and I have dabbled in homebrew campaigns. I absolutely love roleplaying, once I get my character straight I sometimes begin to exhibit similar traits to them. I would love to play any role the party needs, or that would make it interesting and fun. I try to stay in character as much as possible, and if the character dies, well such is life in a fantasy realm. I look forward to hearing from you!

Gaebrial
August 22nd, 2016, 20:05
Hi,
I'm Alasdair and i have only recently started playing Table top rpgs. All of my experience is with D&D 5e. I'm quite an easy going guy with a good sense of humour. I play the character that i make normally fleshing the character out as he/she grows.I'd love to branch out my experience in TTrpgs from D&D.

Ken L
August 28th, 2016, 19:27
Applications Closed!