PDA

View Full Version : Hosting games on a computer using an Android phone for a hot spot

StormNobleheart
July 24th, 2016, 03:38
Greetings,

I am attempting to host a game on a computer using an Internet connection through Wi-Fi provided by the hot spot feature of an Android phone. I have used port forwarding software on the phone in an attempt to forward port 1802 to the computer. I have spent a few hours searching the Internet and attempting to solve this problem without success. I have likely missed something simple setting the connections up. I would be thankful for any help successfully setting this configuration up. Thank you for your time.

LordEntrails
July 24th, 2016, 04:13
Hey Storm, welcome to the community!

I suspect that it's because your cell phone provider doesn't support the protocols needed. One of the gurus will be alone soon I'm sure to verify this. But in the meantime when you go to https://www.canyouseeme.org/ does it show you an ip and a port?

The other thing you should be able to do is to install and run hamachi, there's a sticky on how to do that. You run it on the host and client computers and usually it doesn't matter what's in between.

damned
July 24th, 2016, 06:27
Ive never seen a publicly routable IP address on a phone... as the good LordEntrails suggests Hamachi will be your best bet...

JohnD
July 24th, 2016, 21:23
I hope you have a good data plan.