PDA

View Full Version : Free client not drawing custom pointers

jedimasta
July 23rd, 2016, 21:57
Just started with FG so it's entirely possible that I'm just doing something wrong, but I'm connecting my client/demo to a DM with the Ult package.

Whenever I try to use the custom pointer, either by selecting it via the radial menu or by using the shortcut key, pressing both mouse buttons only drags the window around as if it were just using the left click. Is it a bug? Is it something the DM has to enable?

LordEntrails
July 23rd, 2016, 22:25
Welcome jedi!

It's not unique to the free client. I've got at least 4 players using the demo client and they have no trouble creating pointers. I haven't run into this, but a couple of things I would think to try. First, check your mouse settings in the control panel, make sure that the buttons are set left/middle/right and not something like Auto. Second, I'm assuming an actual 3 button mouse and not a touch pad or similar?

Andraax
July 23rd, 2016, 22:39
If you press the left and right mouse buttons, and the windows drags, then you have the mouse software set to simulate a middle mouse button by pressing left and right simultaneously. Because middle mouse button drags the window.

jedimasta
July 23rd, 2016, 22:40
It's actually a 5 button mouse. It's a cheapo Dynex USB mouse, so there aren't any fancy control panel settings that would change the button assignments.

Some other potentially helpful bits of info:

Windows 10 Cintiq Companion 2.
Logitech k700 wireless keyboard (has a touchpad, but I'm not using it for this).

jedimasta
July 23rd, 2016, 22:44
This isn't the same as dragging the map around, it drags the window around. Middle mousing works as expected (dragging/scrolling the image WITHIN the window).

Andraax
July 23rd, 2016, 23:29
This isn't the same as dragging the map around, it drags the window around. Middle mousing works as expected (dragging/scrolling the image WITHIN the window).

Then something in the OS is intercepting the left+right button combo and doing this. The OS controls the window position, not FG (unless you're on Linux, then it's the window manager controlling the position, not FG).

damned
July 23rd, 2016, 23:40
Hi jedimasta are you both on 3.1.7? What ruleset are you using?
If you connect a second instance on your computer to localhost do you get the same behaviour?

jedimasta
July 24th, 2016, 00:04
Then something in the OS is intercepting the left+right button combo and doing this. The OS controls the window position, not FG (unless you're on Linux, then it's the window manager controlling the position, not FG).

Answer me this, is clicking and dragging with the left mouse button supposed to drag the window? Cuz mine does.

damned
July 24th, 2016, 00:08
Answer me this, is clicking and dragging with the left mouse button supposed to drag the window? Cuz mine does.

Yes that is how it works.
Left moves the window.
Right brings up the menu.
Middle moves the pic if its zoomed in.
Left+Right gives a temp pointer.

jedimasta
July 24th, 2016, 00:15
Hi jedimasta are you both on 3.1.7? What ruleset are you using?
If you connect a second instance on your computer to localhost do you get the same behaviour?

Both are the most recent build (TBH, not sure how to check). Our particular setup is a local one. The DM runs a 5e server from his laptop and the rest of the party connects with a another, displaying onto a TV. We play with physical dice and characters.

jedimasta
July 24th, 2016, 00:25

I feel like I should also clarify that it's not moving the OS window. It's moving the inner FG "image" window.

Trenloe
July 29th, 2016, 18:38
Have you tried it with a different mouse? Is there any other functionality that is not working within FG?

Does the GM have any extensions enabled?

Unfortunately, we can't view the attachment from post #10 - could you reattached?