PDA

View Full Version : End of Turn NPC Effect help please?

Talith666
July 23rd, 2016, 15:38
So, I have a spell.

It requires, when cast, a save by the target. If failed, it causes a condition for so many rounds. All good so far; in the description on the CT, it shows [SAVEVS: constitution 15] [EFF: Incapacitated (D:1 MIN)] - when the spell is first cast, I drag the first to the target (or have it targeted and double click), and if it fails, drag the 2nd to the target (or have it targeted and double click)... all well and good.

BUT...

The second effect can be nullified on a successful save at the end of the target's turn.

I can (and have done till now) create an effect on the effect giver, and also drag that to the target, to remind me on his turn to roll the save: [EFF: <effect name>; At Eot, roll dc 15 con save to nullify effect (D:1 MIN)]. At the end of the target's turn, I shift-click 'Con' and if it gets 15 or above, effect nullified. Or re-drag the 1st effect from above onto the target.

But as there are a lot of effects that require rerolls of a save at start / end of the target's turn, I was wondering if there is a way to make the roll automatic?

I tried [EFF: IF: incapacitated; SAVEVS: constitution 15] and placing it on the target, but it just sits there.

Then [EFF: IFT: incapacitated; SAVEVS: constitution 15] and placing it on the effect giver, making sure the target was 'targeted'... but again, it just sits there - and besides, this does not help me to remember to roll it at the EoT of the target.

Can I assume there is no way to force a save roll at a particular time on a target, without manually setting it off?

If that's the case, I'll houserule save effects to proc at EoT of the effect giver, targeting the targets and double-clicking the first effect above again.

Zacchaeus
July 24th, 2016, 00:23
There is no way to do what you want. Effects are (almost) always triggered by an attack or damage roll. Since that's not happening any effect won't be triggered.

ShadeRaven
July 24th, 2016, 02:44
At least not yet?

They never cease to amaze me with the quality of features they continue to add to FG. It would surprise me if they found a way to (somewhere down the road) to incorporate saving throw triggers into effects eventually.

rob2e
July 24th, 2016, 11:09
And if so, this will be ENTIRELY AWESOME!

Nickademus
July 24th, 2016, 19:14
I'm pretty sure that Moon Wizard at one point in time (during the beginning of the Unity build) said he didn't like the way effects were executed and most likely would revamp them. With the Unity architecture, I'm pretty sure the limited effect system that is currently being used will be scrapped and more adaptable one put in its place.