PDA

View Full Version : Override FG Port

Lotheral
July 23rd, 2016, 12:40
Basically I can't port forward since I don't control the router and the default password and username was changed. I can connect no issues to servers but I can't host my game anymore.

I've read you can change the port FG uses but everyone else connecting to you has to do it as well. I've been looking around for ways to do it but I can't find any. (I keep finding port forward and how to do that since it's easier and makes a whole lot more sense)

Thank you

damned
July 23rd, 2016, 13:17
Hi Lotheral - you still need to control the router if you want to use another port.
To use another port you add -pXXXX at the end of the command so it would look something like this:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds\FantasyGrounds.exe" -p8080

But then you have to forward port 8080 instead to your computer.

If you have no access to the router try Hamachi (there is a thread here with instructions) or if feeling brave here is a VPN server you can build.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i1mxkdubn8kt46k/Fantasy%20Grounds%20VPN%20Server%20Setup%20-%20draft.docx?dl=0
If you use the latter - please critique the instructions for me.

Nylanfs
July 23rd, 2016, 13:17
Chances are good that simply changing the port to listen on won't be of much use either since you cant access the router. You might want to look inti Himachi as an option.

Lotheral
July 23rd, 2016, 13:51
If hamachi doesn't work out where do I put that command?

Thank you very much

damned
July 23rd, 2016, 13:54
Create a copy of your FG shortcut and then edit its properties.
It wont help you if you cant access the router though.
If your router was working before - UPnP may be working but glitching.
Turn it off and back on again and retry... you dont need a password for that :)

midas
July 23rd, 2016, 15:24
Yeah, changing the port just makes it so you have to forward a port other than 1802--the port forwarding still needs to happen.

The only scenario I can see using a different port would work is if you already had a port other than 1802 forwarded from your router to your machine and want to use that port. Is that your situation?