PDA

View Full Version : Starting a new group!

Ferrin
July 22nd, 2016, 22:48
System: pathfinder/ maybe future 5E and Savage, I got a lil of everything.
License: Full, you will need Fantasy Grounds
GM Availability:Weekends, start times any between 6 and Midnight PDT
Normal Time: Sat 7PM/10PM PDT/EDT
Average Game Length: 4 hours
First Campaign:Rise of the Runelords-Text Game
First Session: 7/30/16 7PM
Second Session 8/6/16 7PM

Update:
Currently five players, will update if that ever changes.

To be considered,reply to this thread with a character concept using a basic pathfinder race and class With a generic setting backstory. Save the stats, weapon, armor, abilities, etc. I want a feel for how you role play, not how you roll play. I'll PM the players I think will fit well. Those that deviate from this simple request will not be considered. Fair Warning.

And sign up on the Calendar Page (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2106)

I am not a grammar nazi, and will not tolerate criticism of others spelling or typing in any of my text games. Nor do I require you to type at blazing speeds. Games will be paced at slowest typers speed.

ambiDEXtrous
July 22nd, 2016, 23:47
Hello!

The character concept I have in the Pathfinder setting is a Halfling rogue named Levy Crumb that is pretty much a pacifist in the sense that he believes fighting is wasteful and everything can always be solved in a much more safe and efficient manner than through use of a sword or a bow. He grew up an average and monotone life reading stories of adventurers and heroes throughout the land, and decided that he wanted to leave home and pursue this life on his own. Levy is still a youthful wanderer that travels across Golarion in search of stories to tell and people to meet and hopefully that he will leave his legacy on the world through telling others of the places he has been and the adventures he has embarked on. Eventually, he plans to record his stories in novels and always keeps a blank book with him to record the people he has met that day or the wild places he has adventured to.

Levy has a heart of gold and always sees the good in others. He tries to befriend everyone he comes across and does everything in his power to protect the people around him, no matter how close they may be to him whether family, friend, or simply acquaintance.

damned
July 23rd, 2016, 02:01
Hey Ferrin thats good advice for you and for others. Dont try and do too much and take on too much. Start with a manageable amount and only add more complexity when you are ready to. There are heaps of things I dont use to their full extent.

Zakanex
July 24th, 2016, 16:13
Cyrus Copperclaw
Tall for a dwarf he stands at 4 and a half feet tall, his smiths muscles bulge underneath his scale armor. His face is tanned from a century near a forge and the only hair on his head is a copper colored beard. His eyes are gold and slit like a dragons a sign in his family of good fortune. He carries a dwarven long axe on his back and a war hammer in his belt. From a long line of master smiths who somewhere in the past had a child with a copper dragon which is when they gained the clan name Copperclaw. His grandparents raised him with his grandfather teaching him the ways of the warrior and forge while his grandmother showed him the path of Torag. Deemed frivolous by other dwarves for his by their standards dreamer like personality he ignores them and holds true to himself. From a town in the Fogscar Mountains north of Magnimar he left to seek his fortune away from the Goblin infested mountains.

nickabbey
July 24th, 2016, 16:53
I'm interested and would play any of these characters, listed in order of preference (these are all FG format xml files that you can import to your game to review).
I built them for a module I converted from pdf (Hallows Last Hope), with the exceptoin of the bard, whom I rolled for a friend to play in Fangs of the Past.

Garret Greenbottle - Lvl 1 Halfling Rogue (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4Ub0r_UYGi5NURHYTZrM2lqYmc) - First choice, love rogues. One has applied already though, and I have other classes I enjoy. (His backstory is tied to Hollow's Last hope and can just be changed to Sandpoint, with minor tweaks). Built to be sneak/scout. Has UMD for utility and out of combat buffs/heals.

Ivellios - Lvl 1 Elven Wizard (Enchant) (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4Ub0r_UYGi5RGVEQnhBQVZSVUk) - He's ready to go. I'd LOVE to play this if the rogue slot is already covered. It's a tos up between the next three really, I'd thoroughly enjoy playing all of them. This guy has some magic crafting, which I've never done in a RPG before and would be pretty interested in exploring. This guy is a battlefield controller, mainly, but a buffer as well.

Imay - lvl 1 Gnome Sorcerer (Evoker) (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4Ub0r_UYGi5ZUN4ZWhTenR2RU0) - This guy is just going to own at higher levels and I'd be really excited to play him, he's chaotic neutral with high charisma, and I envision playing him like a bit like Rocket Racoon just a **** talker that does what he wants without regard for consequences.
Lash (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4Ub0r_UYGi5MTBqbjlFeGhpZ28) - Imay's viper familiar (He will probably take improved familiar at higher levels and get an imp or psuedodragon)

Ceciltia - Lvl 1 Human Bard (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4Ub0r_UYGi5bXJIM0E3VmRRWEE) - Knowledge/language focused, buffer, combat controller, ranged attack. Rolled her for a friend, think she will just be a ton of fun to play. Contributes in big ways to combat without actually swinging a sword. Occasionally she might fire off some arrows, but will generally be fascinating, charming, identifying, counter-spelling, crowd controlling and picking off vulnerable targets when possible.

nickabbey
July 24th, 2016, 16:58
PS - If you're interested in playing as well, I run 1 game as a DM now and have another planned for which I am recruiting.

Delm74
July 27th, 2016, 10:00
New to Pathfinder but interested in giving it a try.

Zost Abbdo, Gnome Sorcerer, fey bloodline: young gnome who lived a quiet, uneventful life in a small gnome village at the edge of a vast forest. One day he went out for a walk in the forest with his two best friends. A storm came through with the sky growing dark as night, and in the pouring rain Zost was separated from his friends. He wandered for a while in the woods, and eventually grew tired enough to lay down and go to sleep. During his sleep, he had a vivid dream in which he walked further into the woods and came across an ancient stone castle. Servants brought him to the queen, who kissed Zost on the cheek. With the kiss, Zost woke up, and felt…different. He realized he had fallen asleep in a circular clearing, and it was dawn with a clear sky. He managed to easily find his way back to his village, but discovered that twenty years had passed since his walk in the woods. Everybody was older, but he had stayed the same age. He also felt an unusual energy and restlessness, and after a few days of feeling isolated and different from his fellow gnomes, headed out on the road to explore the world.

Ferrin
July 28th, 2016, 18:32
Spot open for 2 people, need at least 1 more to start Rise of the Runelords this sat @ 7pm PST

Calendar Page (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2106)

Lumastin
July 28th, 2016, 21:31
im interested but really bad with terminology, what dose a AP game mean?

damned
July 28th, 2016, 23:04
Adventure Path = long running campaign with consistent storyline/goals that will take you from level 1 to 10 or maybe even 1 to 20!

nickabbey
July 29th, 2016, 01:44
Ferrin - Tried to send you this as a PM but the board said your box was full. I'll leave a message on discord for you as well just in case... but - your calendar event for the Saturday RotRL game says 3AM (for me). I expected it to be shifted for my local time, but if the game starts at 7 pm PST that'd be 4PM EST. So I'm not sure what's up with it, but it appears to be off in some way.

Trenloe
July 29th, 2016, 01:50
but if the game starts at 7 pm PST that'd be 4PM EST.
That would be 10pm EST - EST is +3 hours on PST.

Looking at the calendar it is showing 7pm PDT (Pacific Daylight Time), so that looks right. Your account is set for EST with daylight savings in effect, so the calendar in the campaign should show 10pm for you. Look at the campaign, not at the top level calendar that shows all games - this only shows in GMT, not the time zone set in your profile.

nickabbey
July 29th, 2016, 01:52
That would be 10pm EST - EST is +3 hours on PST.

Looking at the calendar it is showing 7pm PDT (Pacific Daylight Time), so that looks right. Your account is set for EST with daylight savings in effect, so the calendar should show 10pm for you.

Pesky daylight savings time... Thanks for the explanation.

nickabbey
July 29th, 2016, 01:59
Can't seem to connect to the discord server, can't send a pm because the box is full.
Unsure if it's a technical issue or if I was kicked without notice.
When attempting to connect to the discord server via the PM'd link, it says the link is either invalid or expired.

Ferrin
July 29th, 2016, 02:19
Can't seem to connect to the discord server, can't send a pm because the box is full.
Unsure if it's a technical issue or if I was kicked without notice.
When attempting to connect to the discord server via the PM'd link, it says the link is either invalid or expired.

Oh crap, ok I'll clear out the box.

Antigone
July 29th, 2016, 14:09
hellos

I want to try Patfinders 3.5, I have some experiance with Fantasy Ground, DnD 5th and CnC . I'll play a human fighter. I have already created with the 4d6 method. If another method is used let me know :).

Tks

Ferrin
July 30th, 2016, 21:44
One spot open for RoRTL text game. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2106). First session is tonignt at 7 PM PST, click the link to see the time in your timezone. Date and Time is not set for future sessions, I use the Calendar voting for each one, so PMs about wanting to join but the time isn't that great are pointless. Just saying... Save me some box room.

damned
July 31st, 2016, 03:40
Hi Ferrin even thouh the times are not set it might help others if you were to propose a number of times that work best for you so the players have some guidance on it :)

Ferrin
July 31st, 2016, 17:27
Hi Ferrin even thouh the times are not set it might help others if you were to propose a number of times that work best for you so the players have some guidance on it :)

The first post has my available times, and I do throw a few times out myself or set it as same time as last session. I just haven't yet. I am just plain tired of the "I really want to play in your game, but the time won't work for me (hint hint)." PMs. So I just wanted to be clear that anyone who tries is barking up the wrong tree. And if they need to negotiate the times they can on the Calendar their self and the others will vote, not me. If they PM about changing the times that are not set, it means they can't follow simple instructions so I won't invite them.

Ferrin
July 31st, 2016, 18:30
ON a separate note, we had a person no show the first session. If anyone is interested in being a wizard or a cleric in Rise of the Runelords. Please read the first post and follow the instructions there. Sign up on the Calendar, and I will PM you the link to my discord.

Fudly
July 31st, 2016, 18:58
Flaky players is something all online DMs have to deal with. The key is to run modules, boot flakes until you have a reliable group, and then start the adventure path.

Ferrin
July 31st, 2016, 23:28
Flaky players is something all online DMs have to deal with. The key is to run modules, boot flakes until you have a reliable group, and then start the adventure path.

Might be a good idea to start with just modules, I always figured the draw of the AP would keep players more invested. I will keep that in mind.

Ferrin
August 5th, 2016, 20:31
Game is on for Tomorrow, still looking for a couple of solid players. We will be picking up the day after the Swallowtail festival.

Casimirswalk
August 9th, 2016, 03:15
I am new to fantasy grounds, but a long time 3.5 and pathfinder player/GM if you have a place in your party,I would be happy to fill any needed role. I am a pretty big role player.

Thanks!

Ferrin
August 9th, 2016, 04:32
I am new to fantasy grounds, but a long time 3.5 and pathfinder player/GM if you have a place in your party,I would be happy to fill any needed role. I am a pretty big role player.

Thanks!

Thanks for the interest, right now if all stays the same we are @5. I have your name down on the alt list, in case a spot opens up. I will message you at least a day before the game, if that happens.

Antigone
October 9th, 2016, 02:06
Sorry al i trie to connect to the games from the computer of a friend but this is not working. Begin without me. i,m going home and i will connect from there but i have 2 hrs to drive before i can join. Sorry again

Phlyghtt79
October 9th, 2016, 02:28
Are you guys playing game tonight?

Phlyghtt79
October 9th, 2016, 02:29
I am new but I want to play, I have built a character in PCGen but I need help playing/using Fantasy Grounds

Ferrin
October 9th, 2016, 07:02
Sorry al i trie to connect to the games from the computer of a friend but this is not working. Begin without me. i,m going home and i will connect from there but i have 2 hrs to drive before i can join. Sorry again

Ah, that is what happened. Sorcerer had a power outage right at start so we postponed for next week.

Ferrin
October 9th, 2016, 07:03
I am new but I want to play, I have built a character in PCGen but I need help playing/using Fantasy Grounds

Ok, have a couple spots open. send me a pm with a good time for you this week to do character creation.

ShinEnma
October 15th, 2016, 03:25
If your still looking for players im interested in joining. i have played 5e but new to fantasy ground. im good for 4pm central time zone.