PDA

View Full Version : Themed Action Decks

Mask_of_winter
July 22nd, 2016, 03:56
One of the most fun thing about Savage Worlds is the ability to theme your Bennies and card deck to reflect the flavor of the game or setting you are running.
I'm aware there are few themed decks available in some buried threads. I've downloaded and used a few myself.
However, due the extremely small size of the card icons (practical for the CT I know) it's impossible to add any detail.
I will add this to the idea informer website but I thought it'd be cool if it was possible to click on a card icon (in CT or card dealing table) and have it blown up (probably linked to a library module like with the Adventure Deck). Ben, what do you think?
The rest of you Savages? Would you like to see this?

Doswelk
July 22nd, 2016, 11:06
I understand the cool factor of this idea but screen space is a premium and the size increase to the Combat tracker and chase tracker required to have themed cards would be a lot.

Also adding another 54 graphics I need to convert when creating a rule set (assuming there is even a themed deck) does not appeal to me.

Sorry

Skellan
July 23rd, 2016, 01:56
If it is adding a feature where you can click on the card in the CT and it blows it up, I think this would be cool. I enjoy making my own themes adventure decks, so this would be something else to play with :rv:

I think the action decks are optional extras, so I don't think they would need to be added as standard to an FG setting module. Though I do get that these things take ages to make

borusa32
July 24th, 2016, 17:53
I have used an online adventure card creator and saved these as images-one was a 'Run Away' card featuring Patrick Troughton .

Doswelk
July 25th, 2016, 10:22
Creating Themed Adventure decks is a completely different kettle of fish, I have photoshop templates I have made so I can create "official" looking cards for my decks, I use them all the time, but the functionality to have custom/themed adventure cards is built into the Adventure Deck modules.

The action deck is different as it would require re-writing of the chase tracker and combat tracker to support it, do not get me wrong I loved themed decks, when I run face-to-face games with my friends or for a Con I always have themed action decks (when I can find them)