PDA

View Full Version : A FG Gallery

Snikle
August 23rd, 2005, 17:35
To the developers: Have you thought about putting up a gallery of fan created images, tokens, and portraits? I believe this might help attract others to the software and provide a free and possibly extensive library of resources for everyone.

Ilwan
August 23rd, 2005, 21:00
I believe the devs said that a new part of the forum will be set up for this purpose in the future.

Snikle
September 7th, 2005, 20:44
Until such time, I have started a min-gallery on my own site, located here https://www.sylnae.net/fg.php, only two maps there now, but I plan on uploading any maps I make for my own campaign there in addition to any others I make, so hopefully over time, it may get large. I am aiming to make the maps generic enough that they could be used for any game. Feedback welcome! (and yes I know the second maps sort of blows! :wink: )

Crusader
September 7th, 2005, 21:11
Blows? Not at all, I actually find that more impressive than anything I would be able to produce.

Snikle
September 7th, 2005, 22:01
LOL Thanks! Well, I am hoping to make a free gallery of resources available to whomever wants them. Later, if Smiteworks gets their gallery going, I may just offer mine up for it, until then, mine should be up and running for anyone to use.

That being said, I know I have seen more than a few requests for tokens and such. I am not a digital 'drawing' artist per se (as in creating player or monster images) but if anyone out there would like to offer up their personal art, I would be willing to convert those images for others to use as tokens or portraits.

Ilwan
September 8th, 2005, 11:39
Actually I have a section on my website for FG material. When U register at the site it allows you to upload your stuff.

https://www.earlsdale.com/cc2maps/categories.php?cat_id=21

I can make a similar site, just for FG stuff if there is interest.

Snikle
September 11th, 2005, 06:18
Added a simple manor house with an attached tower, could be a scientst's home, or maybe a wizard, heck maybe a guy who likes to garden or something. Anyway, there it is....

Dupre
September 11th, 2005, 09:41
We are currently working on a gaming group forming tool (and 1.06 of course) after which we'll design a file repository.

Snikle
September 12th, 2005, 05:49
Until then, up goes another map. This one is called Austhwaite Manor and I based this very large map(900x600) on a real floor plan I found online. It is a large manor with many rooms, a connected turret, a library, cellar, and many rooms for characters or manor guard to stay in. Hope you like it!
https://www.sylnae.net/fg.php

Ilwan
September 12th, 2005, 07:10
Until then, up goes another map. This one is called Austhwaite Manor and I based this very large map(900x600) on a real floor plan I found online. It is a large manor with many rooms, a connected turret, a library, cellar, and many rooms for characters or manor guard to stay in. Hope you like it!

Beautiful images. How do you create your maps? It does not look like any familiar mapping software on the first sight, more like the use of tubes and the like. Your style is very original and shows alot of mapping skills. Like to share a mini-tutorial?

Snikle
September 12th, 2005, 14:45
I use Macromedia Fireworks, been using it for map making for about 5 years now, used to use PaintshopPro, then found Fireworks. Allot of people prefer Adobe Photoshop, but I like the functioanlity of Fireworks and how it integrates with Dreamweaver. I just prefer the freedom that FW allows me to have over some of the easier plug-n-plop map generators on the market today.
I might do a tutuorial, thats possible, I am heading on a trip here in a week and will have about a 12 hour plane ride one way, so I will definately have some time to mess around with the idea.

gurney9999
September 12th, 2005, 17:52
ooh... I have FW... only used it for button creation for websites I do in DW. A tutorial on mapmaking in FW would be awesome.

Snikle
September 13th, 2005, 07:04
Uploaded another wilderness map (god I hate trees) and a new idea, MonsterPaks. A little zip file of tokens that DMs might find useful for their games, first up are some common creatures that players might encounter.

The zip file is rather large, this is because I have left all the tokens in their original png format, if you have a a swell program like Fireworks, you should be able to go in and use them to base your own tokens off of if you wish. With these tokens I have used an idea that ToddLandon and I came up with using the red arrow to point the direction the token is currently facing.

Well, thought about it, and I liked the idea enough to make an AdventurerPak, with 10+ tokens that people could use for their games. Same details as above.

Illrigger
September 13th, 2005, 15:50
The token packs are really nice! One request, tho - on the monster packs, it's nice to have a few of each monster that are numbered so that they can remain unique on the battlefield. A number in the lower-left (opposite the arrow) would do it :)

Snikle
September 13th, 2005, 19:25
As per request, there you go:

Illrigger
September 13th, 2005, 23:15
Excellent! Thanks a lot :D

Snikle
September 25th, 2005, 12:43
Added a few more maps to the site, hopefully some you find useful!

Dupre
September 25th, 2005, 13:43
The site is now listed in the Community section.