Ahoggya
July 22nd, 2016, 03:06
FG License: GM has unlimited so players only need the demo of Fantasy Grounds
Game System: Savage Worlds

Time Zone: Pacific Time Zone, GMT -8
Day of week and time: Sundays, 1:00 PM PST
Start date: August 7th, 2016
Planned Frequency: Weekly
Term: Long term keep playing for a while.

Text or Voice: Voice and Text as needed for whispers to players or GM.
Voice software used: Teamspeak. (teamspeak.fg-con.com (password: dungeoneer): Savage Words\Galactic Ventures) Channel password available when character is worked up.

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50
Number of Players in game & needed: Have 4 players, need 2 more
Character starting level & equipment: Novice, required to get with SM for background and role play to game start position.
Character restrictions: No floran races will be used as players, possible aliens to some degree. Four, possible 5 additional player races as listed below.
Attendance: Please be sure you are available at least 75% of the time and let me know if you are not going to be there. It's hard on me as a SM and the players when you aren't available to make decisions. If you are missing for good reason, you will still get 1 point of XP. Otherwise, no XP.
Experience of GM: 2 years with FG and many more as a GM, but just starting with Savage Worlds. Played several times and have been working on details for campaign for over a month. Ready to go.

Scenario: “Vortex add: Jump Core is in need for more agents to send to the stars as expansion increases and threats follow. Looking for individuals who can think on their feet and are able to get the job done self managed, at least to some degree. A team that can be relied on to follow Jump Corps regulations and still fulfill their contract. Some requisition of equipment can be made on a needed basis. Pay is above average as are the risks. Apply on this Ad if you have what it takes for adventure, glory and a call to the future.”

This is a game in the space genre of The Last Parsec. Below is list some added player races. There will be, as best as I can, a balance of role play and action. The story is the main idea of the campaign. As specified in the Savage Worlds rules characters will benefit by playing their Hindrances AND their backgrounds. Players will have the opportunity to share in the story development especially concerning their background story.
I will want the background story to validate most of your skills, edges and hindrances that apply. A time will be made to get with each character on TS to role play how you get to the start of the campaign and possibly some of your hindrances or skills. Being associated with one or more players is possible or npc’s of the players design.

Additional Races: The additional races will be from the Empire of the Petal Throne background. The Ahoggya, Pei Choi, Shen, Alioppo (swamp folk) and a rare chance to be a Mihalli

Acceptable Behavior: I try to run a relatively clean game. On the subject of language. Most is accepted but would prefer no ‘F’ bombs and definitely not using the Lord’s name in vain. I know this might be offensive or irritating for some, but I am a Christian and would appreciate following the above guidelines. I also will not permit strictly evil characters in the sense of sexual crimes. No npc’s will act in this manner as well. Since we don’t know who we are playing with in a VTT, let’s contain racial slurs to in game races. So if someone is playing a human who is Chinese, in-game insults should be restricted to humans, not Chinese.

Link to Gamecalendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2102

Metaleye
July 22nd, 2016, 04:43
Hey there. The names Metaleye, and I'm new to Savage Worlds, though I have been trying to learn the rules to the best of my ability. I would love to join this game, and I've also applied on the GC page. Also, as I'm posting this I don't know what The Last Parsec is or the stuff involved, but I'm going to be Googling it after this post.

Ahoggya
July 22nd, 2016, 06:38
Hey there. The names Metaleye, and I'm new to Savage Worlds, though I have been trying to learn the rules to the best of my ability. I would love to join this game, and I've also applied on the GC page. Also, as I'm posting this I don't know what The Last Parsec is or the stuff involved, but I'm going to be Googling it after this post.

Sounds good. Let me know when you will be available before the 6th. I will available on Sunday, 7/24. I'll be going over characters and backgrounds with a couple of the players.

Metaleye
July 22nd, 2016, 14:58
I can do Sunday, it will have to be after church. Church ends around noon (or 10:00 your time).

Ahoggya
July 22nd, 2016, 16:59
Then I will be available around 3:00 pm your time because I'll be in church too. I will send a PM to give you the password for the FG teamspeak.

Fizban
July 23rd, 2016, 21:04
I'm game, if you'll have me ^_^

Skellan
July 23rd, 2016, 21:56
Yeah, Florians are one weird race

Talyn
July 30th, 2016, 23:57
Man... wish I could play but my job has such a random schedule I simply don't have any set day off all the time. =(

There should be like... a Savage Worlds Society (rip on Pathfinder Society) where people can just come and go with their characters. LOL

Ahoggya
August 2nd, 2016, 23:59
If you let me know a few days ahead of time, I could let you in on cameo appearances. We could create a character that is flexible enough. Let me know what you think.