PDA

View Full Version : Returning to FG after a LONG Hiatus

NEPHiLiX
July 21st, 2016, 22:35
Hi there!

I used to play FG all the time, but my play group fell apart a few years ago (not to mention the arrival of babies and a new career). Now I have a new group that's fallen into my lap and I'd love to get back into it--but there's one problem: SO much has changed! I have the PRO version of FG (I found my old registration key)...but the PRO version doesn't seem to exist anymore and it won't update. My version of FG is currently 2.72 (I kept the installer file). I also kept a copy of my Savage Worlds ruleset installer, but not of my Rolemaster installer, apparently.

What are my options?

Looking forward to a reply (and dying to get back into the game!).

Take care!
Nephilix

Trenloe
July 21st, 2016, 22:38
Welcome back!

Not sure what "pro" is - was that the GM full license or the Ultimate license? Either way, they should still work. Download the installer from here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/home/home.php#Downloads Once installed, put in your license key and your Website user ID and password and run an update - see what purchases are still tagged to your user account. You can also see what is linked to your account by clicking on the "store" link and then Store -> Order History.

NEPHiLiX
July 21st, 2016, 22:46
Right, "Full"...that was the one, haha. It's installing as I type this.

PS: I had forgotten how fantastic you guys are for quick support...

Thanks a million Trenloe!

Moon Wizard
July 21st, 2016, 23:20
Actually, it's the amazing community here. They constantly beat Doug and I to answering questions. We are keeping an eye out as well.

Thanks again, Trenloe!

Cheers,
JPG

Nickademus
July 21st, 2016, 23:33
Wait, you mean you don't have Trenloe handcuffed to a chair, making replies... helpful posts... um, I'll just be going now.

dulux-oz
July 22nd, 2016, 04:25
Wait, you mean you don't have Trenloe handcuffed to a chair, making replies... helpful posts... um, I'll just be going now.

Wishful thinking, Nick, or Freudian slip? :p