PDA

View Full Version : FG PDF question/request

Varsuuk
July 21st, 2016, 16:16
I downloaded a few weeks ago the excellent compilation of FG knowledge that is that PDT. I started reading last night.

Found a few things I'd like to try/learn and went to highlight for later (on commute) on my iPad.

I noticed it didn't offer a "highlight" option in ibooks. Is that due to some PDFs setting or is it on my end.

if it's on pdf end, any chance it could be changed to allow highlights?

midas
July 21st, 2016, 17:29
iBooks doesn't support highlighting. You could try GoodReader and see if that does.

Andraax
July 21st, 2016, 17:43
I just tried highlighting in Foxit, and that works.

Nylanfs
July 21st, 2016, 20:04
I use PDF-Xchange

HoratioDrank
July 21st, 2016, 20:43
I couldn't recommend GoodReader enough. It is such a solid app. I use it all the time on my iPad. (And yes, it highlights, among many, many other things.)

Varsuuk
July 21st, 2016, 20:55
iBooks doesn't support highlighting. You could try GoodReader and see if that does.

Wow just noticed I no longer had Goodreads (was one of earliest iPhone 3GS purchases) found out it's because. it is iPhone & new universal one added. downloaded the iPhone version since already owned but then realized it can't access my iBook library...bah.

Tried another book (algorithms in c++ vol 1-4) and it outlined fine. It is an epub.
I then realized the issue... Wow, never noticed books didn't highlight pdfs.

So now will need to check the two suggestions to see which our other works best.

I tried guidebooks but it did not see m my PDF even though I have all my books immediately update to cloud.

Thanks for the clarification, never knew

As for PDF-xchange, that's avail in Windows but don't think Mac book since its not on my Mac but it's on my PC. Certainly at least it isn't on the iPad which is what I use for most RPG reading.

Varsuuk
July 21st, 2016, 21:07
Since I already paid for good reader and there is no try before buy on the "new" version, I'll pass on them.

PDF expert lets me access the pdfs from books library so that works for now.