PDA

View Full Version : Voice Modifier and Syrinscape

Diomitus
July 21st, 2016, 04:07
If this is the wrong place to post I apologize and will remove the post when I am redirected.

I am currently able to run Fantasy Grounds with Syrinscape.

I tried using the voice modifier- Clownfish -in conjunction as well, but I ended up with garbled sounds and crackling and it was just bad.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to what to try or perhaps an alternate voice modifier?

Trenloe
July 21st, 2016, 05:41
Moved this thread to the commons, as the House of Healing is for technical issues with Fantasy Grounds.

Syrinscape is 99% background music/sound effects - trying to change this with a voice modifier will more than likely always give you some weird results.

If you want to use Syrinscape unmodified (which is the best way), but also use a voice modifier on your own voice communications, then you're going to have to use some form of virtual mixer to send your microphone input through the voice modifier, then mix the output of that with Syrinscape. Or, if you're using TeamSpeak for voice, you can run two profiles - one for your voice (with voice modifier if needed) and one for Syrinscape. See info on how to use separate TeamSpeak profiles here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Linking_TeamSpeak_%26_Syrinscape

Diomitus
July 21st, 2016, 13:41
Yea, that's exactly what I wanted to do.
Have Syrinscape come through normally, and have my voice come through, on a separate identity, with the modified voice.

I am able and know how to run Syrinscape (unmodded) and my voice (unmodded). But adding in the mods to MY voice without disrupting anything else is what I am curious about.

Trenloe
July 21st, 2016, 13:52
But adding in the mods to MY voice without disrupting anything else is what I am curious about.
You'll need to have the output of Clownfish as a different sound device to the output that Syrinscape is using - so you can set these against the different TeamSpeak channels and so that they don't interfere. You're probably going to have to use a virtual audio cable/mixer solution for this. I use Virtual Audio Cable, others use VoiceMeeter (https://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Voicemeeter/)and I'm sure there are other applications out there that will work. See the "Audio Tips" section here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?21761-Playing-Aids

Trenloe
July 21st, 2016, 13:58
The Voice modifier I use (Screaming Bee's MorphVox (https://www.screamingbee.com/product/MorphVOX.aspx)) can output to it's own "microphone" driver - this allows you to use this for the voice channel input on TeamSpeak. Set the input to MorphVox to be the input from your microphone and then the Screaming Bee output to go into TeamSpeak - this keeps it separate from Syrinscape.

Use a headset and don't have any of the Syrinscape sound or voice audio going over your normal speakers - your mic will pick this up.

Diomitus
July 21st, 2016, 14:06
This is why you make the big bucks

Diomitus
July 21st, 2016, 14:08
Thanks very much!

Gwydion
August 24th, 2016, 15:37
The Voice modifier I use (Screaming Bee's MorphVox (https://www.screamingbee.com/product/MorphVOX.aspx)) can output to it's own "microphone" driver - this allows you to use this for the voice channel input on TeamSpeak. Set the input to MorphVox to be the input from your microphone and then the Screaming Bee output to go into TeamSpeak - this keeps it separate from Syrinscape.

Use a headset and don't have any of the Syrinscape sound or voice audio going over your normal speakers - your mic will pick this up.

I know this thread is a month old, but it is very timely. Right now I use Teamspeak and Syrinscape. I set this up using the suggestions in the Wiki from Dulux-Oz. (I have the suggested virtual audio cable). So far, its working pretty darn well. Every once in a while I have an issue but I think its typically my error in the setup.

I've been researching voice changing software and stumbled upon MorphVOX Pro. My questions is how "light" is MorphVOX Pro? Can you set up numerous voice profiles and also "turn off" the profiles for my "normal" DM voice easily? I'm about to run POTA and I'm envisioning setting up voice profiles for numerous NPC's (ie. The elemental prophets, some of the key NPC's, etc..).

I'm just concerned that I've got FantasyGrounds running, Syrinscape and, more recently Realmworks and curious if adding the MorphVOX Pro will be taxing on my system.

Any thoughts are appreciated!

Trenloe
August 24th, 2016, 15:52
I've been researching voice changing software and stumbled upon MorphVOX Pro. My questions is how "light" is MorphVOX Pro? Can you set up numerous voice profiles and also "turn off" the profiles for my "normal" DM voice easily?

I'm just concerned that I've got FantasyGrounds running, Syrinscape and, more recently Realmworks and curious if adding the MorphVOX Pro will be taxing on my system.
I've used MorphVox quite a lot. It will simply add another "microphone" input to your computer. This is then the microphone you'd use for your voice TeamSpeak input. You can switch pretty quickly between your normal voice and the morphed voice with a click of a button in the MorphVox app.

There are some settings in it that mention they add extra load (mostly the advanced settings like background noise reduction), I never saw any noticeable issue though. It has a 7 day trial, give it a go and see how it performs in your setup.

Gwydion
August 24th, 2016, 16:02
I've used MorphVox quite a lot. It will simply add another "microphone" input to your computer. This is then the microphone you'd use for your voice TeamSpeak input. You can switch pretty quickly between your normal voice and the morphed voice with a click of a button in the MorphVox app.

There are some settings in it that mention they add extra load (mostly the advanced settings like background noise reduction), I never saw any noticeable issue though. It has a 7 day trial, give it a go and see how it performs in your setup.

Excellent. Thanks, Trenloe. I think I will give it a go and then I think I need to stop! Two many windows/programs and too little time! The players in my campaign do love the additional touches, though. :)

Trenloe
August 24th, 2016, 16:10
Excellent. Thanks, Trenloe. I think I will give it a go and then I think I need to stop! Two many windows/programs and too little time! The players in my campaign do love the additional touches, though. :)
I first used it for the main ghost character in a Pathfinder adventure path. I just spoke as normal, relying on the morphing to do everything for me - but my friends commented that it was weird hearing my speech mannerisms in a ghostly female voice. So, even if you're morphing, still ham the speech up a little.

Gwydion
August 24th, 2016, 16:24
Sounds good. Thanks for the tip. Only issue I've seen when researching is there are a number of customer reviews which say the software caused their mics to cut in and out a lot. I suppose I can always uninstall and reset everything if I test it and find out that it causes audio issues during my games...

Trenloe
August 24th, 2016, 17:20
Sounds good. Thanks for the tip. Only issue I've seen when researching is there are a number of customer reviews which say the software caused their mics to cut in and out a lot. I suppose I can always uninstall and reset everything if I test it and find out that it causes audio issues during my games...
That will be their "Sound Settings" aren't correct for how sensitive their microphone is - the "Voice Pickup" setting is the main one to change here, and perhaps the "Sound Threshold" depending on background noise.