PDA

View Full Version : Adventure League

Batman13
July 20th, 2016, 23:28
I see that some of the adventure league modules are available on the gmguild website. Can they please be added to the FG store. I would prefer not to buy content from different sites.

Trenloe
July 20th, 2016, 23:36
The current arrangement is that Adventurer's League content for FG has to go through the DM's Guild.

Nickademus
July 21st, 2016, 00:03
Smite Works doesn't own the rights to sell Adventure League material. You have to buy it from WotC (through the site they licensed).

ddavison
July 21st, 2016, 03:10
We carried two Adventurers League modules here that were given away for free; however, that was before they were moved to dmsguild.com. Since these are now considered part of DMs Guild they are exclusive to the dmsguild website.

Seya
July 21st, 2016, 04:45
I just don't understand why they don't support the world's largest online game store. I would love to buy more modules but I like steam and only buy through it

LordEntrails
July 21st, 2016, 04:49
Because WotC doesn't want to give Steam a cut of the profits. I suspect they feel that the price of partnering with Steam is not worth the added exposure. It's a business decision.

Trenloe
July 21st, 2016, 05:32
I just don't understand why they don't support the world's largest online game store.
The GMs Guild uses One Book Store (OBS - DriveThruRPG, RPGNow, etc.) and this is the world's largest online RPG store.

I would love to buy more modules but I like steam and only buy through it
Your call, but they probably won't be coming to Steam, so you'll be missing out.

Seya
July 21st, 2016, 12:15
The GMs Guild uses One Book Store (OBS - DriveThruRPG, RPGNow, etc.) and this is the world's largest online RPG store.

Your call, but they probably won't be coming to Steam, so you'll be missing out.

It might be the world's largest RPG store but it's a horrible way to buy video games. And I'll speak with my money. I'll keep on buying content on steam. they will never change if I buy fom there.

JohnD
July 21st, 2016, 13:24
I doubt that AL stuff is considered a video game.

Varsuuk
July 21st, 2016, 16:24
I doubt that AL stuff is considered a video game.
Truth.

I actually was surprised when first heard of FG on Steam (glad for it too since that's how heard of FG) - it even says on the product page that this wasn't a "game" per se. But hey, it's an application for games so there's that. Adventure modules do not have inherent functionality in and of themselves, they are basically content (primarily XML documents but some images as well -,certainly no inherent code)

That said, I too like getting things from less places. but I'd already been getting things from them (PDFs) so it actually is fine for me.

However, I transferred my purchases from Steam to SW site so I could better apply my cash to their profits to ensure incentive to keep producing/growing.