PDA

View Full Version : SW rule set questions

richvalle
July 20th, 2016, 14:52
Wow... it seems my last post here was in 2009. Been a while. :)

Our FG based DnD 4.0 campaign just wrapped up and we're looking at what to do next. We've started looking at SW as something different to try.

I've purchased the rule set and we started looking at it last night. I'm going though the manuals but I have a few questions... and time on my hands since I'm stuck at work.

First, the rule set is awesome. I think thanks goes to phantomwhale? In some ways it might be TOO good as we're never going to actually learn the rules and just let FG hand all the dice rolling.

First... having to confirm the damage. We're used to just having it auto apply and this is what I want. But looking at the options all I have is No and Confirm. I seem to be missing the 'Yes' option. Is there something else I need to turn on before that shows up?

**Update - I found the answer to this in another post. Range is not used so it's a manual process. Good to know.**
Ranged fire. In the little bit we messed around last night ranged combat didn't take range increments into consideration when calculating hits. No matter what range we attacked at the roll would hit on a 4. There was a grid on the map and range showed up when token to token targeting was used. Is this going to be a manual process of adding the -2/-4 modifires in before attacking?

Thanks. It's good to be back. :)

Mask_of_winter
July 20th, 2016, 15:27
Plus you want to confirm in case you want to spend a Benny to soak the damage.
And you're right, range doesn't auto-calc, you'll have to manual enter. A set of range modifiers in the hotkey bar is easy as pie!
Oh, and welcome back!

richvalle
July 20th, 2016, 15:37
Soaking damage. Right... I didn't think of that. So that's why it needs to be on 'confirm'. Makes total sense. Thanks!

rv

Skellan
July 20th, 2016, 18:36
Welcome back

For the Savage ruleset, I would recommend turning 'Map:defeated markers' on. You can never have too many blood splats

richvalle
July 22nd, 2016, 13:09
Welcome back

For the Savage ruleset, I would recommend turning 'Map:defeated markers' on. You can never have too many blood splats

Thanks! Turned that on last night for a couple of practice battles and it was great. :)