PDA

View Full Version : Idea Informer idea Creation

LordEntrails
July 19th, 2016, 21:24
I'm unable to create or add a new idea. I remember having this problem last time, but it wasn't important enough to worry about. Note, I'm logged in and have created ideas before.

Can someone see if they can create this idea (or their own)?

Lock Pin Placement on Maps
Currently it is easy to accidentally drag a pin from its set location. Add the ability to lock pin placement on a map so that no pins are movable unless pin/location editing is enabled.

Nickademus
July 19th, 2016, 23:10
Not sure how many will care about this. Any that use the multi-layer extension might not have this problem as the pins on other layers are already locked.

I wish the map zoom could also be locked, considering how many other things in FG use the mouse wheel to navigate up and down.

Trenloe
July 19th, 2016, 23:54
Add all of these type of things to the idea informer please, don't just throw them out there in random posts! :)

https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

Steps:

Enter your request in the "I would like to" section of the site.
A list of similar requests already in the system will be shown. If your request is not present, click the "Share Your Idea" button at the bottom right of the list and enter the required data.

Moon Wizard
July 19th, 2016, 23:54
If I remember right, type in your idea, hit Enter, scroll to the bottom of results, and click Add Idea. Or something like that. (Answering from memory, since I'm traveling. )

Regards,
JPG

LordEntrails
July 20th, 2016, 00:19
I know guys :) But when I hit Add (idea) nothing happens. mouse over shows that the command that should happen is some javascript line. But as I said, nothing happens when I click Add.

Can someone else try and see if its working for them?

Trenloe
July 20th, 2016, 00:37
Works fine for me: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=104922

Oops, just noticed I logged it as LordEntrail - sorry, you're only lording it over a singular entrail today! ;)

LordEntrails
July 20th, 2016, 01:36
Thanks Trenloe.

So I played around until I was able to create another idea.

Case 1 - Unable to create idea. Using Chrome v51. Logged into Idea Informer account
Case 2 - Able to create idea. Using IE 11. Not logged in.

So, issue is either because of Chrome or because I was logged into Idea Informer account. I tried logging out of I.I. account, and even restarting Chrome, but it would not actually log me out, (Logged out, but then once I followed any link I was logged back in. When I came back after log out and restart browser, it still had me logged in.)

Trenloe, you obviously weren't logged in. Which browser were you using?

Trenloe
July 20th, 2016, 02:27
Trenloe, you obviously weren't logged in. Which browser were you using?
Edge on Windows 10.

It works for me logged in or logged out.

LordEntrails
July 20th, 2016, 02:42
Ok, thanks. Looks like the issue is identified and a work-around is available.

Sounds like it's a Chrome issue (probably because of discontinued support for NPAPI). I tried to find a forum or support for Idea Informer, but didn't find anything.

twseifert
August 9th, 2016, 02:43
I know guys :) But when I hit Add (idea) nothing happens. mouse over shows that the command that should happen is some javascript line. But as I said, nothing happens when I click Add.

Can someone else try and see if its working for them?

The same thing is happening for me right now in Chrome. Got it to work in IE 11, but then tried to add antoher idea, and the same thing happened again in IE 11 (click add idea, and nothing happens)...

damned
August 9th, 2016, 03:05
Need to try a different browser.

LordEntrails
August 9th, 2016, 04:54
I'm not sure it's browser based. I added a new idea in the last few days and had trouble again. I had to log out, restart and still had issues. Finally did a log in during the idea submission, but even that didn't work the first couple of times. Don't know what the solution is (or the problem, maybe java version?)