PDA

View Full Version : Working on campaign, quick question

kevdog45
July 18th, 2016, 21:13
I have just started working on a campaign for a homebrew fantasy world. I am using D&D 5e for the ruleset. I have the monsters, dungeon master and players guides all loaded up so I have all the tools I would need to do this under a master license. Will the fact that I have all the different modules needed and a few more make it easier for me to find players when I am ready?

LordEntrails
July 18th, 2016, 22:17
Hey Kev, I don't think players generally care what modules the DM has. I guess they assume he has everything he needs. Maybe offering to share the PHB and other player info in a pre-start session so they can build their characters might help. You can check out the LFG forums to see if anyone advertises that type of stuff.

In my experience though, DM's rarely have trouble finding players for 5E campaigns.

Zacchaeus
July 18th, 2016, 22:17
I don't know the answer to that and I'm not sure anyone else will either. Having said that players will likely expect you to have the Player's Handbook at least if you are DMing a game. The fact that you have an Ultimate (Master?) license will also help attract players who only have a demo license.

NotRussellCrowe
July 18th, 2016, 22:39
Hi, kevdog45.

Technically you have everything you need to attract players in my opinion. The hard part is the logistics of finding a date and time that everyone agrees on. Two approaches: 1) set a date and time you are available and see who can make it, or 2) leave the date & time blank when finding a group and hope that the group can come to an agreement on a time that works with everyone.

Depending on your availability, if you go with option 2 I would recommend you list a few times you are available to try and narrow it down ahead of time.

Good luck!!

damned
July 19th, 2016, 02:03
Hey kevdog45 - most 5e games will get the players they need - even if you said you were running basic rules with 4 classes and 4 races only.
As the strangely named NotRussellCrowe says - post times that work for YOU and the players will self filter :)

Nickademus
July 19th, 2016, 02:19
As the strangely named NotRussellCrowe says...

Why is this strange? I can personally verify, he is not Russell Crowe.

Nylanfs
July 19th, 2016, 03:09
Why is this strange? I can personally verify, he is not Russell Crowe.

Or is it a double blind?