PDA

View Full Version : Story and Characters gone

Talley Darkstar
July 17th, 2016, 16:03
So I upgraded my video card a couple days ago and that started off a bunch of issues start. Which, as weird as it sounds, happened as I'd have Uninstalls lock up, Programs never load, games crashing and other stuff. Anyways, so today, I started trying to fix and find out what some of these issues are and how to fix them, nothing to severe, checking and looking up issues online, emptying the recycle bin and checking my virus checker (thank goodness, nothing found!) were the closest thing I came to altering files. I started up FG last night to access a couple images, it wouldn't start a couple times, thankfully, I got in, got the information I was looking for and shut it down. This morning, I log in, and I did get a couple errors, I passed them up without any thought (my mistake now) and all the PCs are gone and Story is gone. I do have 6 db.backup.XXXX... files in the FG folder. Can someone give me a hand in recovering my files? And as far as I know, these issues are still going to occur until I can figure out what is going on.... :(

Trenloe
July 17th, 2016, 17:51
Close FG. Make a copy of the specific campaign directory you're having issues with (just in case things go completely wrong). Then in the copied directory rename the current db.xml file and copy the most recent db.backup... file to db.xml and load up FG with is copied campaign. See if you have the data back. If not, look for the largest db.backup file (assuming the largest has the most data) and do the same process for that.

You may have to work through a few db.backup files until you find one that gives you the most data back.

Talley Darkstar
July 17th, 2016, 17:58
Perfect, thanks Trenloe!