PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the 5E Adventure Paths (and other products) - Errata Fixes?

Answulf
July 17th, 2016, 15:01
I understand that when some of the Adventure Paths came out (Tyranny of Dragons, Princes of the Apocalypse) there were several issues with them; text errors, map errors and logical discrepancies. Wizards has since released errata and tried to address some of the issues, but not all.

My question is this: When you buy adventures on Fantasy Grounds - specifically the Adventure Paths, but also just in general terms - are the digital products updated with errata fixes or do they still have the same problems the initial physical products had?

HoratioDrank
July 17th, 2016, 15:23
I recently purchased Princes of the Apocalypse and am running it for my group. It does *not* incorporate the errata. My physical copy of PotA has the errata corrected in it, but my FG copy does not.

Answulf
July 17th, 2016, 15:27
What a shame! So I guess the FG version of PotA has the same map scale issues too?

Also, does that mean books like the PHB and MM don't get errata updates either?

Trenloe
July 17th, 2016, 17:55
The modules do get updated with errata, but it can take a while for this to happen (WotC provide the updated files, FG devs code the changes, changes are tested and finally put in the update system). Plus, you might not see all updates in an existing campaign unless you manually reset the module - in the module activation screen, right click on the module and select "revert changes" to see the base module data, this will remove any manual edits you made to the module data in that campaign.

Griogre
July 17th, 2016, 20:11
Just an FYI if you have done a lot of changes to your module, IE added tokens to replace the letter tokens, etc you may not want to revert the whole module or you will lose those changes. Instead just revert the entries that have been erratt'ed.

Answulf
July 17th, 2016, 21:27
So when you update the errata yourself, is it by campaign or can you make permanent changes to the core module so that you don't have to do it multiple times?

Zacchaeus
July 17th, 2016, 22:14
All of the errata so far published will be in v 3.2 when it comes out. Modules are continually updated (including the PHB, DMG and MM) as bugs are reported in the 5e bugs thread or elsewhere (best in the 5e thread otherwise I might miss them). Every effort is made to keep everything as correct and up to date as possible.

If you enter the errata yourself it will only affect that campaign since you can't alter the original module. You could prepare a module by placing the errata in story entries and exporting it as a module.