PDA

View Full Version : New to FG and LFG

brokenbikez
July 16th, 2016, 14:30
I am looking for a group. I am very new to Fg and I have an ultimate license.

damned
July 16th, 2016, 16:36
Welcome brokenbikez.
Get in there and post on games that GMs advertise. If the timing of the game suits express your interest and you will find a group sooner rather than later.

brokenbikez
July 17th, 2016, 18:32
I guess I am not doing things right. I have posted on alot of games but havent got any feed back. kinda bummed too I want to play and have put myself out there and nothing :cry:

JohnD
July 17th, 2016, 19:19
Post in DM threads where they are looking for players. Like in a face to face medium, it probably will take more than 28 hours to find a game, especially if you are just interested in 5e as those fill up immediately without most DMs having to do anything other than offer the game.

damned
July 17th, 2016, 23:11
I guess I am not doing things right. I have posted on alot of games but havent got any feed back. kinda bummed too I want to play and have put myself out there and nothing :cry:

Hey brokenbikez - dont stress and dont let it get to you. You are doing the right thing in posting to a lot of games. Keep trying and it will happen. Also - do consider posting for other systems/genres and concentrate just on games in the right time. Making those initial contacts will lead to more opportunities. If you really cant wait longer - switch sides of the table and be the GM. Bear with me here. Even if you dont want to be the GM. Even if you feel you wont be good at it. If you run even a short 2-5 session campaign you will at the very least make real contact with 4-6 others. You might find out you like it. You can also explain right up front in your post you are looking to form a group and that you would like to swap the GM role every XX number of games. You are not the only player in your situation. If you do run a game - the important thing is to - actually go and do it. Dont post a game and then call it quits after 1 session or after char creation or whatever. If you find it hard, if it goes a little rough - share your experience here and what went wrong and people will offer you advise and assistance. A number of games falter quickly and that also leads to a lot of disappointment.

brokenbikez
July 17th, 2016, 23:23
hey damned,
Thank you for taking the time to get back to me. I will keep trying.

lesliev
July 18th, 2016, 10:29
If you do consider being the GM (or even if not), you might like to watch a few of these great videos about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-YZvLUXcR8&list=PLlUk42GiU2guNzWBzxn7hs8MaV7ELLCP_

You do have an ultimate licence after all :)
"I am a river to my people!"

prale
July 19th, 2016, 02:56
I am looking for a couple of players to start my first group as DM. it is going to be a 5e game Lost Mines of Phandelver, it is going to be a week night starting at 7pm CST. I have not yet put it on the calendar as I am still working out the details, you will need to have Hamachi loaded along with FG for my games, cause my internet is lame :)...