PDA

View Full Version : DM looking for Player GMT - Sundays - for Storm Kings Thunder

Mavrik6666
July 16th, 2016, 12:46
Module is out in September, hopefully soon after on FG :)

So I am getting a head of the curve - looking for a Sunday Evening group - Bi Monthly (every other Sunday) starting in September (or module release)

Details to follow when I have some idea of interest

Mav

Vhok
July 16th, 2016, 16:25
Bi-monthly means one game every two months. I think you mean bi-weekly?

Mavrik6666
July 16th, 2016, 16:33
I stand corrected

damned
July 16th, 2016, 16:39
I am planning on running an unlucky number of evenly spaced games over the next hemi-year.
With good fortune, good players, good dice rolls and barring overt interference by better halves maybe a similar number more at the same interval.
:)

HoratioDrank
July 16th, 2016, 16:58
Technically, biweekly (https://www.dictionary.com/browse/biweekly) can mean both every two weeks and twice weekly. And bimonthly (https://www.dictionary.com/browse/bimonthly) can mean both every two months and twice monthly. So technically, the OP was not wrong. :cool:

Inocente
July 16th, 2016, 20:05
I would be interested in playing the new module let me know If you still have room.

TMO
July 17th, 2016, 05:07
Technically, biweekly (https://www.dictionary.com/browse/biweekly) can mean both every two weeks and twice weekly. And bimonthly (https://www.dictionary.com/browse/bimonthly) can mean both every two months and twice monthly. So technically, the OP was not wrong. :cool:

Well, if we are going to get technical, the OP would be wrong for months where there are 5 Sundays (like the one we're in now). ;)

damned
July 17th, 2016, 07:17
Well, if we are going to get technical, the OP would be wrong for months where there are 5 Sundays (like the one we're in now). ;)

Well in terms of gaming it would only be wrong on 2 or 3 of the 5...

WVFiend
July 17th, 2016, 09:07
High amount of interest in playing this game here, I've pm'ed you as well:)

TMO
July 17th, 2016, 09:14
Well in terms of gaming it would only be wrong on 2 or 3 of the 5...

You lost me with that response.

damned
July 17th, 2016, 10:47
You lost me with that response.

OP posted that it would be bi-monthly (meaning twice a month) on Sundays.
Even if a month has 5 Sundays it does not mean that there will be 3 games that month.
But lets move on - the derailment has run its course :)

TMO
July 17th, 2016, 16:44
OP posted that it would be bi-monthly (meaning twice a month) on Sundays.
Even if a month has 5 Sundays it does not mean that there will be 3 games that month.
But lets move on - the derailment has run its course :)

I have to set the record straight. To quote the OP:

Bi Monthly (every other Sunday)

Now we can move on. :)

Gaebrial
July 18th, 2016, 17:49
Hi, I'd love to play and i'm free on sundays.

wgdevanna
July 18th, 2016, 18:52
You can put me down as a potential player. I prefer after 9:00pm central if possible.

OldJarhead
July 18th, 2016, 23:36
I would love to participate with a group and get in on this module right from the start. Sundays anytime after 5:30 pm (US Central) is good for me. If it doesn't work for your plans I totally understand. Hope to hear from you.

nickabbey
July 24th, 2016, 17:08
I'm interested for sure. Pm'd for your reference.

The Soose
July 25th, 2016, 01:01
I would like to be considered for the group please. Also some sessions to get to know each other before then if possible.

Venares
July 25th, 2016, 23:19
Defiantly interested in this.

rob2e
July 26th, 2016, 04:10
This isn't what this thread is about, but I'm THIS JERK...

Biweekly = Every two weeks
Semi-weekly = Twice a week
Bimonthly = Every two months
Semi-monthly = Twice a month

That's THEE only way it's correct.

See my book "Things people can never get right like when you say turn the air conditioning up, that's mean POWER not make it a higher number, and other such atrocities in life". Long title.

:)

Andraax
July 26th, 2016, 04:47
https://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/words/bimonthly

"Does ‘bimonthly’ mean ‘twice a month’ or ‘every two months’?

"Unfortunately it means both! In the publishing industry, though, it's used fairly consistently to mean 'every two months', so that a bimonthly magazine is generally one that's issued every two months. The same ambiguity affects biweekly and biyearly. If you want to be absolutely clear, it's best to use a phrase such as 'twice a week' or 'every two years'."

Vhok
July 26th, 2016, 05:00
:o.

damned
July 26th, 2016, 06:00
It absolutely can mean either.
The most common use is "every two" but the other interpretation is completely valid.

Mrvnhrrr
July 28th, 2016, 03:50
I would be interested if the start time is after 8 or 9 PST. Thank you!

boppermann
July 28th, 2016, 21:50
Is your party full yet? I'm interested on Sunday evenings.

nickabbey
July 30th, 2016, 19:12
Just throwing this out there - I'd like to play (in order or preference):
Rogue
Ranger
Sorc/Wiz

Triptico
August 9th, 2016, 06:43
I think I might be interested.

nickabbey
August 27th, 2016, 16:55
Now that it's out, are we going to pull together a group? I'm still interested, and I have availability on Sundays.
I got to play a 5e rogue in a different group, so I'd be looking to expand my direct experience with a different class.
Unless no one wants to play rogue, in which case I'll gladly play a different style than the arcane trickster I'm running in that other group.
But I doubt that will be the case, lots of people enjoy playing the rogue class.
I'm interested in these: thf barb, a twf fighter, a nuker sorc, a cc/debuff wiz, or a buff/skill bard.

wizardian
August 27th, 2016, 19:46
If you're still looking for a player, I'm available every Sunday afternoon (CST).
I'm flexible in what characters I can play, though I typically prefer healer/wizard builds. c:

Also, I might add that I'm brand-new to this site (see: today) and need a bit of guidance, but I do catch on quickly!

djacob91
August 28th, 2016, 06:01
If there is still room, I would be interested in playing. I generally prefer a martial character but can easily fit any role.

Dekorume
August 28th, 2016, 23:11
I would also be interested in joining.

Gnobodyukno
August 28th, 2016, 23:59
I have been looking specifically for a game in this module and the days would work great for me. Do you have a slot open still? I'm 42 so maturity isn't an issue and I am familiar with FG and playing a Wizard in 5E. I can also play a Paladin and Priest. I understand the dedication in playing a Paladin. Let me know please.

Dawgzilla
August 29th, 2016, 00:41
I have been waiting to play this as well and I would like to join in if possible. I fairly experienced with FG and very experienced with RPG. I am open to playing whatever class is needed for the party.

Sildanis Kimetry
August 29th, 2016, 01:40
I would be interested as well. Am new but learning fast.