PDA

View Full Version : Resolution issues?

ArteF
July 16th, 2016, 11:11
Hello,

On my old lappy I don't recall having these issues with FG but basically the whole screen becomes blurry when I run it. It goes away after a few moments but I'm figuring it's the refresh rate or the resolution.

Right now my desktop is native 2560x1440, at first I thought I needed glasses but when I move my mouse over text that has become blurry it corrects itself. My monitor works at 144hz and my gpu is set accordingly.

Is there anything I can do to fix this within the program? My old lappy worked at 1080p native so that's why I'm assuming this may be a resolution issue.

damned
July 16th, 2016, 11:47
There is another post in the last two weeks with the same issue at the same resolution...

ArteF
July 16th, 2016, 12:10
Edit - nvm just used "2560x1440" and found it.

Sad now that there's no solution.

damned
July 16th, 2016, 12:27
If I had a solution Id have given it to you!
I believe your best bet was to plug in a 1920x1080 monitor...

ArteF
July 16th, 2016, 12:54
T_T still sad. Thanks though damned.

damned
July 16th, 2016, 13:21
Out of curiosity... is it a surface?
I bought a surface a couple of weeks ago and havent tried FG on it yet.
I only got the i5/4GB model and it has a weak video card I believe.

ArteF
July 16th, 2016, 14:47
ASUS ROG PG278Q Black 27" WQHD 2560 x 1440, 144 Hz 1ms (GTG)

Moon Wizard
July 16th, 2016, 17:22
The thing is that the last post in that thread is someone saying that they are running an ASUS 27" with GSYNC with no problems. Also, I run two monitors at home, and the primary monitor is a BenQ 30" running at 2560x1440.

So, I don't think this is a general issue with the Fantasy Grounds code, or we would have a lot more reports. Since the issue appears to be limited to FG in these 2 examples, my guess is that the drivers are handling DX9 calls in a way that causes them to be blurry. If it happened to the entire desktop, I would think it was a monitor/TV setting.

When you mouse over a region in Fantasy Grounds, that region gets redrawn, since the cursor is passing over it. But, the same drawing code is used for the overall drawing, as the small drawing.

As with the other post, I recommend toggling some of the advanced options on your graphics driver to see if something might fix the issue.

Cheers,
JPG

ArteF
July 17th, 2016, 04:31
@Moon Wizard

I'll give it a shot tomorrow, thanks for the advice.

DMJBone
August 27th, 2016, 23:24
Hey guys,
Apologies for not updating that post. I 'solved' the blurry problem by adjusting one thing in the Nvidia control panel. Under 3D Settings > I ticked, "Use my preference emphasizing Quality." It had been set to "Let the 3D application decide." by default. FG is no longer blurry. Seems an odd 'fix.' Hope this works for you ArteF.

kp9911
October 18th, 2016, 07:19
Hey guys,
Apologies for not updating that post. I 'solved' the blurry problem by adjusting one thing in the Nvidia control panel. Under 3D Settings > I ticked, "Use my preference emphasizing Quality." It had been set to "Let the 3D application decide." by default. FG is no longer blurry. Seems an odd 'fix.' Hope this works for you ArteF.

Ah thanks for posting this, I was just prowling the forms looking for a solution as well, currently all the words in the application look like I need glasses :c

Hopefully this works for me as well!

Edit: This worked its defiantly less blurry now and the words look nice and rich on the screen.