PDA

View Full Version : New Twitch Channel and Sunday Streamed Game of Fantasy Grounds

ddavison
July 15th, 2016, 21:17
There are lots of goodies in this most recent blog post.

Summary

New Twitch channel for Fantasy Grounds
SmiteWorks crew streaming games every Sunday
They will be joined by Chris Lindsay from Wizards of the Coast, Rachel Ventura from Legendary Games and Robert Adducci from the D&D Adventurer's League
David from Table_Topping is going to DM Adventurers League games
DM's Guild allowing Fantasy Grounds modules starting next week
Official D&D packs available on DMsGuild.com soon as well
Syrinscape will be featured in the stream Sunday nights

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/entry.php?175-Sunday-D-amp-D-Adventurers-League-Game-Streaming-on-Twitch-with-the-Fantasy-Grounds-crew

LordEntrails
July 15th, 2016, 21:55
5. DM's Guild allowing Fantasy Grounds modules starting next week

Please tell more!

Nylanfs
July 15th, 2016, 21:57
Yea!

ddavison
July 16th, 2016, 18:20
I just sent out an email about this and I changed the main time to show 9 pm - 1 am EST instead of 6 pm - 10 pm Pacific. Both of those times are correct; however, EST is GMT-5 and Pacific time is GMT - 8. I had that listed incorrectly in the email I just sent out since I forgot to change it.

PTBBC.ORG
July 16th, 2016, 22:59
Would love to watch this, but my group already plays on Sundays through Twitch...

Is there a plan to rebroadcast them?

ddavison
July 16th, 2016, 23:10
It will be uploaded to YouTube for people that want to watch this later.

Mask_of_winter
July 17th, 2016, 00:44
Just got this newsletter... I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure EST isn't GMT -8
Every Sunday from 9 PM - 1 AM ESTThat is GMT - 8 for people in alternate time-zones.

ddavison
July 17th, 2016, 02:11
Correct. I was going back and forth on whether to post the time in Pacific time or Eastern time. Note that it is 9 PM (EDT) which is actually GMT - 4. I was way off there.

GruNoof
July 19th, 2016, 15:51
Thanks. We started to watch but the girls got inspired so we went and played ourselves. Glad the audio got sorted out -- see you all next time!

LordEntrails
July 19th, 2016, 16:31
Is this on YouTube yet?

Nylanfs
July 19th, 2016, 17:13
I haven't seen it yet. I had to leave before the audio was fixed so I was looking for it.

Nickademus
July 19th, 2016, 17:14
We started to watch but the girls got inspired so we went and played ourselves.

This is why I can't watch Twitch. Why watch other people play when you can play yourself.

JohnD
July 19th, 2016, 20:30
I think you need to make the main screen with FG on it bigger and perhaps the webcam boxes smaller. I knew what I was looking at and even with that it was hard to actually see what was going on.

Nickademus
July 19th, 2016, 21:24
You don't need to see the game. That's not the point of this Twitch. It's to see all those sexy Smite Works' faces.

ddavison
July 19th, 2016, 21:32
Hah! It was pretty clear from watching the video that I was very sleepy. I don't think I always blink that much.... hmmm.

I don't have all the videos yet from David. He split it into six separate 30 minute videos. I have #1 and #6 and my upload of #1 is taking forever. We will share a link out once they are up and available for viewing.

David32780
July 26th, 2016, 16:17
Both week one and two are up and in the play list in order.

Enjoy everyone!

Nylanfs
July 26th, 2016, 17:12
Yea!

Nylanfs
July 26th, 2016, 17:13
I still think it would be awesome to have a live game going on during the con that can be streamed at the exhibit hall.

GruNoof
July 28th, 2016, 17:51
Doug -- could I make a quick whiny request regarding the YouTube video labelling? Could you put the series and part numbers up front? I like listening while I'm driving around but can't see the series/segment number on YouTube on my iPhone! Relabelling would be a life-saver -- literally! ;-)

Ferrin
August 14th, 2016, 00:38
Ya know I was wondering why Fantasy Grounds doesn't appear as a game category on twitch, and it appears they copy Giantbomb.com database, which the entry for Fantasy Grounds is only a stub. I bet if you guys fleshed out the wiki entry there, you could get Fantasy Grounds as a Twitch Category.

CryAxe
August 14th, 2016, 01:30
Ya know I was wondering why Fantasy Grounds doesn't appear as a game category on twitch, and it appears they copy Giantbomb.com database, which the entry for Fantasy Grounds is only a stub. I bet if you guys fleshed out the wiki entry there, you could get Fantasy Grounds as a Twitch Category.

True. Fantasy Grounds really should have it's own category on Twitch. Roll20 has it's own category, as does Tabletop Simulator.

Also, Twitch needs a generic Tabletop RPG category. Currently all they have is D&D.

ddavison
August 14th, 2016, 19:46
I just submitted some edits for GiantBomb, so hopefully this will get approved and add the option for Fantasy Grounds.

David32780
August 17th, 2016, 22:33
True. Fantasy Grounds really should have it's own category on Twitch. Roll20 has it's own category, as does Tabletop Simulator.

Also, Twitch needs a generic Tabletop RPG category. Currently all they have is D&D.

The Dungeons & Dragons community as a whole is a very very small population of folks compared to the larger channels like World of Warcraft, DOTA 2, and League of Legends. When that small community which already has a small viewer base in the first place is split (like in the case of when Roll20 broke off of the D&D channel) then you have an already small base of viewers get even smaller. Now you have two teeny tiny directory's instead of one smaller directory.

Most folks do not even know there is a Dungeons & Dragons directory, let alone a Roll20 directory, Pathfinder directory, etc.

CryAxe
August 19th, 2016, 00:25
The Dungeons & Dragons community as a whole is a very very small population of folks compared to the larger channels like World of Warcraft, DOTA 2, and League of Legends. When that small community which already has a small viewer base in the first place is split (like in the case of when Roll20 broke off of the D&D channel) then you have an already small base of viewers get even smaller. Now you have two teeny tiny directory's instead of one smaller directory.

Most folks do not even know there is a Dungeons & Dragons directory, let alone a Roll20 directory, Pathfinder directory, etc.
Agreed. However, the default category shouldn't be named for any specific product line, but is descriptive of the genre at large.
BTW, thanks for streaming these adventures. :)

Ferrin
August 19th, 2016, 18:39
Right, people running another system under DnD, with the exception of Pathfinder, have issues keeping a viewer long than it takes to ask the question. "what is this?"

A Fantasy Grounds Category would be nice for other things to, like weekly demos. Advertise them across social media, link to the twitch and hold a weekly software demonstration. Interactive, I wouldn't even save the videos to youtube. Keep each one fresh. And the answers relevant to the viewers at hand. Give away a month subscription (ultimate-so they expose their other friends) at the end of each demo.

The problem of splitting up the community, while significant, can be answered by funneling this community over there. Maybe through a series of giveaways, not the main product line or anything, but most of the communities and people with thousands of followers have giveaways frequently. And during these peak user times, the category will show higher on the browse page of Twitch, with the forum community in attendance for the giveaway. Which I would study peak times on twitch for other tabletops and do the promotional stuff then to climb up the browse page. Other Tabletoppers will see the category check it out, maybe stay for the giveaway.

From my perspective, twitch is an excellent marketing tool. With so many possibilities. Now don't get me wrong, when your running actual DnD or even Pathfinder you should be under the DnD category rather than the Fantasy Grounds one to snag viewers. That just makes sense, but things that are not DnD? I wouldn't try and put off as DnD. And a catch-all category for tabletop, that everything else can fall into, would be great. Why not make it Fantasy Grounds.

Talley Darkstar
August 26th, 2016, 01:33
I should say, are the two tutorial streams going to be on YouTube. I'd really like to watch them in order.

David32780
August 26th, 2016, 07:57
I should say, are the two tutorial streams going to be on YouTube. I'd really like to watch them in order.

Hey Talley

You can see them on the Highlights section of the Twitch channel. Each session has a numbered thumbnail so you can find them easily. You will also be able to search for the workshop tag for when there are a lot more video's in the section in the future.

Workshop 1 - https://www.twitch.tv/fantasygrounds/v/84366663

Workshop 2 - https://www.twitch.tv/fantasygrounds/v/85753739

Enjoy

Talley Darkstar
August 27th, 2016, 03:43
Hey Talley

You can see them on the Highlights section of the Twitch channel. Each session has a numbered thumbnail so you can find them easily. You will also be able to search for the workshop tag for when there are a lot more video's in the section in the future.

Workshop 1 - https://www.twitch.tv/fantasygrounds/v/84366663

Workshop 2 - https://www.twitch.tv/fantasygrounds/v/85753739

Enjoy

Cool, maybe I just didn't look hard enough or something. Ah well. Cool. Anyways, sorry I haven't been around. The woman has been doing a lot better so we've been going quite a bit. And now, planning our second wedding. We postponed our first one due to her health, so that's been a lot as well as the regular stuff.

David32780
August 27th, 2016, 03:57
Cool, maybe I just didn't look hard enough or something. Ah well. Cool. Anyways, sorry I haven't been around. The woman has been doing a lot better so we've been going quite a bit. And now, planning our second wedding. We postponed our first one due to her health, so that's been a lot as well as the regular stuff.

Awesome man, Im glad to hear that!

Party on Garth!

Talley Darkstar
August 27th, 2016, 16:17
Awesome man, Im glad to hear that!

Party on Garth!

So I'm going to direct a new FG user to your vids. He loves it! We didn't have much time to talk about everything that's going on yet, but once we do, I think he'll love it even more.

Party on Wayne!

David32780
August 27th, 2016, 19:58
So I'm going to direct a new FG user to your vids. He loves it! We didn't have much time to talk about everything that's going on yet, but once we do, I think he'll love it even more.

Party on Wayne!

Nice ;)

dudeslife
September 1st, 2016, 23:31
3.2 looked great today.

GunnarGreybeard
September 3rd, 2016, 08:26
Loved the video's. I don't play nearly regularly enough to stay up to speed on FG so these make for excellent refresher courses.