PDA

View Full Version : barbarian: Rage ability

Myrdin Potter
July 15th, 2016, 04:49
I assume that you drag rage ability into the action area on the character sheet, but I do not see anything in it for the extra damage or any of the other effects. Is this done automatically?

jshauber
July 15th, 2016, 04:54
Go here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27314-Effects-The-Complete-Barbarian-Package&highlight=complete+barbarian and you can grab an XML of a barbarian character with all the effects created already.

You can import that sheet into your campaign and then drag/drop any/all the effects over to the new character and have them done for you.

FYI, Zaccheaus did this for all the 5e classes, just do a search of the 5e forums for COMPLETE "CLASS NAME" and you will find an XML for each one.

Myrdin Potter
July 15th, 2016, 05:14
So the Rage entry in the PHB does not do this, I need to use these extra effects included in the XML?

Mavrik6666
July 15th, 2016, 08:43
The rage entry in the PHB on your character does what it says.. it tells you about Rage, and how it works... If you want to automate the effect so it works in the Combat Tracker then, yes create the effect in your actions tab... or use the sample 20th level barbarian, and just drag it across

FG doesn't create all of these effects which is pain sometimes, but also a blessing when (as we know) we end up customising, house ruling or altering the effects to suit our game .. the ultimate flexibility of D&D and its curse :)

Myrdin Potter
July 20th, 2016, 00:12
I have now imported the example 20th level barbarian. When I drag the rage ability over, it creates a new spells - catrips group. I can edit that and call it barbarian Features, but the number of uses is not right and every other ability I drag over creates a new group.

What am I doing wrong?

drakonin
July 20th, 2016, 00:42
I have now imported the example 20th level barbarian. When I drag the rage ability over, it creates a new spells - catrips group. I can edit that and call it barbarian Features, but the number of uses is not right and every other ability I drag over creates a new group.

What am I doing wrong?

The one you dragged over is for level 20 but you can change to the mode to preparation and adjust uses accordingly, can also rename the ability to the current group(tab on the right) you have and it will pop into that one.

Mavrik6666
July 20th, 2016, 08:45
Nothing wrong.. but it does do that ...

can any of the good or the wise explain why when I drag an effect from one character to another, it doesn't keep the group ?

Mav

Trenloe
July 20th, 2016, 17:49
can any of the good or the wise explain why when I drag an effect from one character to another, it doesn't keep the group ?
Because the character sheet group data doesn't come with the drag. The code is assuming you're bringing it from a reference library/effect list where there aren't character sheet groups.

Zacchaeus
July 21st, 2016, 22:33
In other words create a group in the actions tab first then drop the effect into it.

Myrdin Potter
July 22nd, 2016, 21:47
That is what I am doing. It does not go into the new group, it always defaults to spells - cantrips.

Zacchaeus
July 24th, 2016, 00:30
Not near my computer to confirm this but I'm pretty sure you drop it on the bar of the group you created, rather than the white space below it.

Myrdin Potter
July 29th, 2016, 02:44
Does not seem to matter where I drag the ability, it either creates a new cantrips group if there was none already or drops the ability into the existing cantrips group.

I must be doing something wrong ....

El Condoro
July 29th, 2016, 13:50
This is how I set a 5th level barbarian up
I set it up manually rather than drag and drop - that was just to get the link to the description.

Zacchaeus
July 29th, 2016, 16:29
You are right; it doesn't drag/drop properly and always creates a Spell. To correct that just edit the Spells (Cantrips) and change it to a power group and change the name to Barbarian Features or whatever you want to call it.

Shirigu
July 26th, 2020, 18:36
I am a DM, if I download the XML for all the classes will this work for the players that log into my FG or do they have to all download the XML files themselves??

Zacchaeus
July 26th, 2020, 18:45
I am a DM, if I download the XML for all the classes will this work for the players that log into my FG or do they have to all download the XML files themselves??

It will work for the players if they take control of the class when they join your game. If you have more than one player wants the same class then they'll need to import the character from the join screen (after downloading it).

Myrdin Potter
July 26th, 2020, 18:46
You can open a character as the DM and drag the codes ability to a player’s character sheet.

Or make sure that no owner is assigned to the character imported into your campaign and then a player can claim and open it themselves.

Shirigu
July 26th, 2020, 19:58
I cannot find Zacchaues link for the xml files for the classes can someone provide of all the classes are in the same discussion? I hvae found his Youtube videos.

Zacchaeus
July 26th, 2020, 22:22
I cannot find Zacchaues link for the xml files for the classes can someone provide of all the classes are in the same discussion? I hvae found his Youtube videos.

Here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27296-Guides-videos-and-other-helpful-information&p=432115&viewfull=1#post432115

Shirigu
July 27th, 2020, 02:45
Thank You so awesome!!!