PDA

View Full Version : LFPs Sunday Evenings (5-8 EST) DnD 5e Homebrew - In Progress

Mgrancey
July 14th, 2016, 13:26
LOOKING FOR: 2 players -- Closed Pending successful intergration of New Members 9/21/16 If interested still post, if new openings occur you will be contacted in order

LICENSE: Ultimate
TIME: Sunday Evenings (EST) 5:00 PM to 8:30ish PM [17:00 - 20:30] Next game 9/25/16
DURATION: Going for the long term
COMMUNICATIONS: Using VOIP (FG Teamspeak3 server) mostly, with some box text in chat.
FREQUENCY: 2 out of 3 weeks, I am on standby every 3rd week. Hours were excessive in June and with holidays we have had some difficulty with meeting.
NEXT DATE: July 24th

CURRENT LEVEL: 4th
CURRENT PLAYERS: 4

Halfling Warlock/Bard
Human Temptest Cleric (melee)
High Elf Archer (fighter)
Goliath Fighter

SETTING: Eluvie (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/group.php?groupid=54), Signs of the changing of the era are appearing, last time the world was broken. Will the world be healed or are the end days upon you.
WHAT HAS HAPPENED SO FAR (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/group.php?discussionid=3583&do=discuss)
CALENDAR (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1866)

Saussboss
July 14th, 2016, 18:46
Hey Mgrancey! I'd certainly be interested in speaking with you about your group, especially since it falls at the perfect time for my schedule. If you're still looking for players, PM me and we can discuss group dynamics and character concepts. I'm working from home today, so if you'd rather chat over mic I would be down for that as well. Let me know what's good!

-Matt

Chriss
July 15th, 2016, 10:04
found a game for this time so im sorry but i must withdraw my app
Chriss S

Gibson400
July 15th, 2016, 16:32
Hi Mgracey,
I'm interested in taking part in your campaign. I am a long time gamer, started with 2nd edition in the 1980's and am now running a campaign of 5e using FG. I would be willing to play any sort of character class the party needs. Sunday evenings would work perfectly for my schedule and I would very much enjoy taking part in a long term game.
I have several characters that I have used in other games or I would be happy to create a new one as needed. I revel in a good story line but also love combat so a mix of the two would be ideal. If you are still looking for players I would be happy to discuss the opportunity to join your little cabal.
Thanks
Scott

Mgrancey
July 16th, 2016, 14:19
Hey, I am aiming to get back to all of you over the weekend, I have 2 calls I have to deal with today, so I probably won't get back to you guys until later today at earliest.

Fantell
July 19th, 2016, 12:54
Just a few questions; Are new characters starting at level three or four, and what method of creation are you using? Also, any consideration for the UA supplemental downloads from wizards?

Mgrancey
July 19th, 2016, 15:28
Character creation is standard set of stats or point buy, your choice. Gear will be discussed but group only just got some real magic items so don't expect anything besides consumeables.

The only extra thing is that the players get, due to magic being omnipresent, is that they will have either a cantrip (0 level spell) or a +2 bonus to any one skill or proficiency.

UA had this issue/confusion. If you mean the ones that actually from Wizards of the Coast, maybe but probably not. If you mean Unearthed Arcana, fan site, NO.

Got to get going for work.

Gibson400
July 19th, 2016, 16:07
Hi Mgrancey,

If you are available I would be happy to share my 4th lvl paladin with you to review. I have played with him up to this point in a short campaign but that has now ended. He has no magic except for some potions and very limited gold. Our last party incurred some heavy "tolls" that lightened a substantial amount of gold from our pockets.

I have an ultimate FG license and could meet with you online to share if you wish
Scott

Mgrancey
July 20th, 2016, 05:30
Been trying to write out about group dynamics but this isn't something I am good at.

There is no real leader to the party, but one does help make sure the party doesn't get bogged down and will push to do something, we have one who does like to get background and look around, the third guy is new enough I haven't really gotten a feel for him yet.

Combat-wise, the cleric is melee, the fighter is ranged, and a warlock/bard as support|range.

As far as a paladin goes please make sure to look here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/group.php?discussionid=2638&do=discuss) as the only standard-ish god is Moradin.

Please make sure to look on page 2 of the group's discussions as I have written up a summary of history for the world, groups, locations, and the gods, which I linked above.

As far as communication goes, the only time I can guarantee to be on is in the morning before heading out. Work hours have been moving up to unacceptable hours for week after week and I am losing my patience about the situation and am starting to take steps to mitigate it. However, that said I can't promise to be home at any particular time. I have a Skype account, but rarely have it up as it takes up an annoying amount of ram for a chat program.

Gibson400
July 21st, 2016, 00:27
Been trying to write out about group dynamics but this isn't something I am good at.

There is no real leader to the party, but one does help make sure the party doesn't get bogged down and will push to do something, we have one who does like to get background and look around, the third guy is new enough I haven't really gotten a feel for him yet.

Combat-wise, the cleric is melee, the fighter is ranged, and a warlock/bard as support|range.

As far as a paladin goes please make sure to look here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/group.php?discussionid=2638&do=discuss) as the only standard-ish god is Moradin.

Please make sure to look on page 2 of the group's discussions as I have written up a summary of history for the world, groups, locations, and the gods, which I linked above.

As far as communication goes, the only time I can guarantee to be on is in the morning before heading out. Work hours have been moving up to unacceptable hours for week after week and I am losing my patience about the situation and am starting to take steps to mitigate it. However, that said I can't promise to be home at any particular time. I have a Skype account, but rarely have it up as it takes up an annoying amount of ram for a chat program.

Hey,
My paladin is the kind that would chop you to pieces and then pray over your squishy corpse. He has taken the Oath of Vengeance and is looking to dish out some justice. That said I think I like Kao as the God of Battle and War would fit nicely with his judge dread type demeanor. But he is also a neat freak so he would have his three retainers spend hours cleaning his armor and weapons. Ohh shinny!
He is a human with the noble knight background. Solomon Lancaster has a short temper that has often gotten him into trouble with the superiors of his order. It is for that reason that he has been sent out into the world to "prove" himself or die in the process. They hope that he can learn some temperance as he travels.

His family is of a minor noble house from the city of Schlucht.

Solomon is ruggedly handsome, too handsome for his own good, and an imposing figure standing 6'-3" tall. He is not terribly well spoken and often jumps to quick & rash conclusions. He prefers to let the edge of his sword do his talking for him, however if pressed he can make good tactical decisions but he may not be the right person to negotiate a peace.

I can provide more if you wish.

Scott

Rufus_Stardawg
July 21st, 2016, 11:07
I sent you a PM. Good luck.

nickabbey
August 1st, 2016, 00:12
Hey, I'm looking for a weekend game in the evenings, yours is perfect. I'd like to play either a cn or cg rogue or a ln ranger. Rogue is my preferred class, but I've been wanting to try out a scouting/sneaking/ambushing twf ranger. I'm not in any 5e games playing either class at the moment. It seems you don't have the rogues skill set in the group yet, so maybe it will be a good fit? Hope so! Please PM me any details you'd like for me to provide for your consideration.

I like the idea of playing a criminal rogue assassin or urban bounty hunter swashbuckler. Halfling or wood elf, probably. I'd probably stay pure rogue, though I might dip fighter 1 or druid 2 for shape changing.

TheDux
August 2nd, 2016, 02:33
Khayosin the Banished Savior

As a wise man and leader of his reclusive Dragonborn tribe, Khayosin took much of the burden of watching after and protecting his people. That is why when the dead began to rise from the lake on the full moon he sought whatever powers that be to aid him. The ancient statue of the man with 10 serpentine heads seemed to respond to his pleas as his tribe was slaughtered. He and several of the warriors were granted incredible strength and power to over come the hordes of waterlogged corpse. Many of his fellow empowered warriors began to change. They became violent and began to speak in strange voices and in a language no understood. They were banished from the tribe's lands and Khayosin with them. Though he had not shown any strange behavior, he felt the influence of whatever curse had befallen them. Each day he struggles to maintain his composure but he fared far better than the others. He hears tales now and then of crazed dragonborn tearing apart villages and knows that it was his cal for help that caused it. He himself has changed, no longer a wise man and leader, far more ruthless and easy to anger. He keeps the mind of a protector, defending his allies and the innocent whenever he can, though most see him as something else once his rage begins.

Bladelock/Barbarian. Cast buff spells that do note require concentration before raging, charge in, and destroy. A fierce protector, gruff, but at the same time with a hidden level of compassion.

If there is still room, I would love to join.

Mgrancey
September 20th, 2016, 04:42
9/19/25

Due to RL stuff people have dropped, so looking for some people to bring up number. First post has current party list and links to synopsis and calendar.

Plan is to play next Sunday on the 25th.

Beowulfe
September 20th, 2016, 11:09
Do you still have any openings?

Mgrancey
September 21st, 2016, 14:43
Yep. Hopefully, won't be out all evening and I can PM you tonight.

jorel1408
September 21st, 2016, 22:45
I would love to join. Im new to the game (as an I just got my handbook today) but Im a quick study. Im in the Central time zone so an hour ahead of you. The character I have in mind is a Knowledge Domain Cleric.
As I understand it the game is broken down into Exploration, Socializing, and Combat. I want my character to assist his party through excelling in Exploration and Socializing (Leaning slightly more to the exploration) in a way that will assist them in combat and in the overall object. As far as combat I want to be sturdy and more than likely just deal with the lowest priority enemies so my team can handle the heavy threats. Hopefully by the time we have reached battle (especially the major ones) I will have assist my party in way that my actual lack of combat prowess will not be a problem.
If you allow feats in the games that would be excellent because I have some ideas on how to increase my characters utility with some. If you do allow feats I would also like to know if your house rules allow for an adjust to one feat in particular. I know this is a stretch (or I think it is) but I am really attached to the idea of being an asset to my party through the handling of knowledge. I didn't see any skill or ability however that would give them the type of direct assistance in combat I wanted to really offer.
With that said I was watching a youtuber discussing feats he thought were bad and offering changes to them to make them viable. The feat was Keen Mind and in his change (which I can provide word for word if you would like to see it) would allow my character to make certain roles that if successful would allow me to divine things about our opponents such as their weaknesses, resistances, etc. I feel that would be a crucial part of me play the character I envisioned and being a true asset to my party.
I apologize for going on so long but I just wanted to put everything on the table. Hope we can work something out.

Mgrancey
September 22nd, 2016, 02:20
Recruitment -- on hold. If interested go ahead and post as if new openings occur I will check here first for interested people.

jobfiander
September 25th, 2016, 14:02
Interested if any openings pop up

Kingofthecrows
September 25th, 2016, 18:58
Hey, if there's ever a spot open, I'd be interested. I'm a roleplay buff, and like to roll my stats before I decide my class/race