PDA

View Full Version : PFS - #6-10: The Wounded Wisp

Blackfoot
July 14th, 2016, 07:34
A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for levels 1–2.

More than 400 years have transpired since the Pathfinder Society began in a humble tavern that has quietly weathered the centuries without incident. When a routine errand there uncovers a clue left behind by one of the founding Pathfinders, it’s up to the PCs to solve a puzzle whose pieces are scattered across Absalom—and whose prize dates back to the Society’s darkest years.

"The Wounded Wisp" is an evergreen, replayable scenario designed to help introduce players to the history of the Pathfinder Society and Absalom’s greatest sites.

Written by Thurston Hillman.

Sign up on the Game Calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1687) and post your character information here.

This game is scheduled for Tuesday July 19th at 2pm Eastern Time.

I will need character files and previous chronicles (if applicable) posted to this forum at least 24 hours ahead of the game.
Also all players require a PFS# (which can be obtained at www.paizo.com)
If you don't have a previous chronicle.. please post the following information here:
Character File
Character Name:
Class:
PFS#
Faction:
Starting Gold (150 less starting purchases):

cmdisc
July 14th, 2016, 13:34
I'm good for this one. I can bring a lvl 2 Urban Barbarian. Will have him posted soon.

Nemori
July 15th, 2016, 14:48
This is standard, right? I've been looking forward to making a halfling cavalier or something along those lines, I'll put the character together tomorrow and post it here then.

Blackfoot
July 15th, 2016, 14:55
Standard.. correct.

MeganHunter
July 15th, 2016, 15:56
Good morning! It's been a little while since I've played a society game, but I have been looking to get back into it. I have a level 2 dwarven fighter named Hetra if you think she'd be a good fit. I'll look through my latest sheet to make sure this is correct, but I believe her current stats are accurate at https://paizo.com/people/HetraHallhewer Thank you, take care.

Edit: Dusting off the cobwebs I believe I had PFS questions about applying the first time We Be Goblins bonus, and possibly doing a slight pre-level 2 respec to shfit her scores more to how her backstory ended up. I'll do some research on it today when I gather my chronicle files together. Though even if she were level 1 and could never respec, that's totally fine because I love that little dwarf villager haha

Blackfoot
July 16th, 2016, 17:21
I'm looking for character info and files from everyone. Please try and get it to me by Monday at 2pm Eastern (24 hours prior to the game). Thanks.

DarthRevan
July 16th, 2016, 18:01
i changed kurama into a Half-Elf Sorcerer

Character Name:Kurama Otsuki
Class:1 Sorcerer
PFS#20671-4
Faction:Liberty's Edge
Starting Gold: 143

Blackfoot
July 16th, 2016, 18:15
i changed kurama into a Half-Elf Sorcerer

Character Name:Kurama Otsuki
Class:1 Sorcerer
PFS#20671-4
Faction:Liberty's Edge
Starting Gold: 143DarthRevan please respond to the email I sent you regarding yesterday's game. We need to get your chronicle resolved.

cmdisc
July 16th, 2016, 19:06
Here is Grungul.

Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager and Urban Barbarian), lvl 2
The Exchange faction

Any questions, let me know.

Blackfoot
July 16th, 2016, 21:34
Looking a lot like zero healing for this group... hopefully nobody gets hurt. :)

Samzagas
July 16th, 2016, 21:35
I shall join with Travial(same vharacter from friday)!
Do I have to send you anything? I'm guessing you could just keep a copy of my chronicle sheet.

Blackfoot
July 16th, 2016, 21:38
Samzagas, I am waiting to hear back from you regarding your chronicle from yesterday's game. Check your email.
And no... I won't need anything new for Travial to join once we get the chronicle completed.

cmdisc
July 16th, 2016, 22:18
If no healer shows up, I can swap out my Barbarian for the Kyra pregen to cover down. I'll just apply her credit to Grungul.

Blackfoot
July 16th, 2016, 22:24
Travial can use a wand of cure light wounds without a check... so that helps some.

cmdisc
July 16th, 2016, 22:37
Yeah, but with 3 melee types, we're all going to be crowding up on the front line. I can let someone else play the meat shields. Maybe I'll even bring Malachi along instead of Kyra, but I'll have to think on that first. I'm not settled on whether to lock him in as is or make any final changes. As I said, this character concept is a bit harder to nail down. So many moving parts to consider.....

Blackfoot
July 17th, 2016, 01:56
I shall join with Travial(same vharacter from friday)!
Do I have to send you anything? I'm guessing you could just keep a copy of my chronicle sheet.Samzagas, did you get my email?

locron
July 17th, 2016, 17:03
I Would be interested to join, as my first game on Fantasy grounds. Since I do know this scenario I thought it would be the perfect start to join a game here.

Character Name: Kep
Class: Kinticist 1
PFS #201687-4 (no chronicle yet, the reported chronicle on paizo is wrongly reported for this character, I'm still sorting this out.)
Faction: Liberty's Edge
Starting Gold: 4gp 9sp left

Character:

Blackfoot
July 17th, 2016, 18:09
That gives us a full boat. CMD, let me know if you want to go ahead with Kyra, I'll make sure she's loaded up ahead of time.

locron
July 17th, 2016, 19:27
Are we using the community teamspeak server for this game?

Blackfoot
July 17th, 2016, 19:35
Yep. You'll find that most of the FG PFS community games will be run there unless the GM specifically says otherwise.

cmdisc
July 17th, 2016, 19:54
Sure go ahead with loading up Kyra. I've played this before anyway, so I was going to be taking a back seat as it was. I'll just be along for the buffing, healing, and wise-cracking. ;)

Blackfoot
July 17th, 2016, 20:17
I'm still looking for files for:
Hetra Hallhewer
Quido Stumblefoot

MeganHunter
July 17th, 2016, 22:56
Here you go! Many thanks

I'm still a bit of a newb to Society. Might any of you guys know some of these small questions?

* Are we allowed to exchange our currency for other types between games? I didn't know if coins weighed anything in PFS, but it feels dangerous carrying my life savings around lol. At least platinum would weigh less and be easier to protect. (Less important for a dwarf, but still.) Can you ever just keep most of it at "home?"

* As this is my first game as a level 2 character, I slightly altered my ability scores to mesh better with how she ended up in roleplay than what I first pictured on paper. That's okay before you hit 2, isn't it? I haven't changed anything else about her or her gear. I think I have it right, but I wanted to double check.

Can't wait to play with all of you!

cmdisc
July 17th, 2016, 23:03
Gold is never really anything that is tracked by weight. What your Chronicle Sheet reflects you having is assumed to be at home or in some form of safe storage. And yet if you end up in a town where you need coin, you are assumed to have been carrying enough of it around on you. So no worries there.

And yes, until you actually play your character at 2nd level, you can change anything and everything about them that you want...except for their PFS#. I've taken full advantage of this myself as I've morphed character concepts from Reach Cleric to Human Bard to Half-elf. I've had a recent cleric concept that's gone through the chopping block a few times to get ironed out right.

Once they are played at 2nd, however, then they are locked in for the long haul unless you go about using the Retraining Rules.

Nemori
July 18th, 2016, 03:58
Here you go, it took me a bit longer than I thought, but it was fun.

cmdisc
July 18th, 2016, 07:10
That steed of yours is looking like a 'mudball' more than a 'snowball'. :)

Blackfoot
July 18th, 2016, 07:14
Here you go, it took me a bit longer than I thought, but it was fun.A few issues with Quido: Outflank - Requires a +4 BAB.
You are only allowed 1 Combat Trait.. you must re-select from another Trait Group.
Not really an 'issue' but.. You used 'medium' sized weights for all your gear instead of 'small'.. unfortunately Snowball is still encumbered even though you are not.

Blackfoot
July 18th, 2016, 07:51
Here you go! Many thanks

I'm still a bit of a newb to Society. Might any of you guys know some of these small questions?

* Are we allowed to exchange our currency for other types between games? I didn't know if coins weighed anything in PFS, but it feels dangerous carrying my life savings around lol. At least platinum would weigh less and be easier to protect. (Less important for a dwarf, but still.) Can you ever just keep most of it at "home?"

* As this is my first game as a level 2 character, I slightly altered my ability scores to mesh better with how she ended up in roleplay than what I first pictured on paper. That's okay before you hit 2, isn't it? I haven't changed anything else about her or her gear. I think I have it right, but I wanted to double check.

Can't wait to play with all of you!I found the stuff from Master of the Fallen Fortress. (It's only been 3 years since we played that game)
Here's your Inventory Tracking Sheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1v3YK-8wKVOcI2nzPjx6wNgeypj0fACOgc1J5_exYshw/edit?usp=sharing).
You tweaked her Wisdom.. but unfortunately a Wisdom of 13 is the prerequisite for Improved Stonecunning.. do you want to add back the wisdom or find a different feat?

DarthRevan
July 18th, 2016, 14:08
agreed. i dont know how to play a healer so yea

MeganHunter
July 18th, 2016, 15:02
Oh I see! I figured I had her Int at 13 for some future combat feat, but I didn't even realize about Wis. Stonecunning is supposed to be her thing so I'd better take care of that. I believe this would still add up to the 20 point buy:

Str: 16
Dex: 9
Con: 16
Int: 13
Wis: 13
Cha: 10

Blackfoot
July 18th, 2016, 15:47
It does, another option (if you really wanted to keep the higher strength) might be to drop her cha a little:
17, 8, 16, 13, 13, 8
She doesn't seem too charisma focused.. so that might not be a bad way to go.

MeganHunter
July 18th, 2016, 16:08
It's definitely smart, math-wise! But ultimately she's just too likeable. Even though she doesn't think much of herself (and neither does her home town) everyone she's partied with sees she's polite and unassuming. I think I'm okay with the 16 strength. If it was a homebrew campaign, the original idea was that she wouldn't be strength at all (more intelligence, like a sapper or architect). I had to change her a bit to conform to PFS, but at the end of the day I'm still stoked with how she turned out.

I've been buying custom minis when I can afford it. I print my dwarves in metal instead of plastic, so they look the same painted but when someone picks them up they're shocked by the weight :D That's just dwarven stability! Here are the two I'll get for her if I ever play Society outside of FG. Plucky little construction worker, I should do bronze on her helmet so it looks a bit like a hard hat lol

The wounded wisp awaits!

Nemori
July 18th, 2016, 16:31
All right, my bad, I'll take Precision Strike and Well-Informed instead, I'll update the XML when I get home.

I missed the weight, thanks. I also noticed the pony is not combat trained until lvl4, hmm, I think I'll switch to wolf then.

Blackfoot
July 18th, 2016, 16:35
Seriously? Wait.. that's wrong. They only give you two options... it has to be combat trained.

A Small cavalier can select a pony or wolf, but can also select a boar or a dog if he is at least 4th level.
A cavalier does not take an armor check penalty on Ride checks while riding his mount. The mount is always considered combat trained and begins play with Light Armor Proficiency as a bonus feat. A cavalier's mount does not gain the share spells special ability.There.. you are fine with the pony.
You don't need to send me a new file.. I've updated your character on the server already with your new selections.

Blackfoot
July 18th, 2016, 16:40
All right, my bad, I'll take Precision Strike and Well-Informed instead...Umm.. Well-Informed instead of which one?
Reactionary or Dirty Fighter?
Which two traits are you taking? :)

Nemori
July 18th, 2016, 16:44
Instead of Reactionary :)

Blackfoot
July 18th, 2016, 17:40
I Would be interested to join, as my first game on Fantasy grounds. Since I do know this scenario I thought it would be the perfect start to join a game here.

Character Name: Kep
Class: Kinticist 1
PFS #201687-4 (no chronicle yet, the reported chronicle on paizo is wrongly reported for this character, I'm still sorting this out.)
Faction: Liberty's Edge
Starting Gold: 4gp 9sp left

Character:Note that Kep is encumbered just from the weight of his armor... so he's taking a -3 ACP and 3 Max Dex and -10 move speed.
You must be a worshiper of Chalidra in order to take the Lessons of Chalidra trait... so obviously you are.
The rest looks ok.. I added a few effects and utilities to your sheet the ease FG play but you should be good to go unless you want to alter your gear a bit. I'm not that you are going to be able to avoid being encumbered without going very light on gear or increasing your strength a bit.

DarthRevan
July 19th, 2016, 15:14
Won't be able to play today. Sorry I got sick

cmdisc
July 19th, 2016, 17:30
Won't be able to play today. Sorry I got sick

Sorry to hear that. Hope you feel better soon.

And if Blackfoot (or anyone) offers this one again, it's a good one to catch. Nice boon with it. And replayable at 1st level.

Hmm....maybe I'll pick this one up so you can run through it sometime, BF. Unless you'd rather focus on higher tier games outside of our Season 3 Run.

locron
July 19th, 2016, 17:31
Note that Kep is encumbered just from the weight of his armor... so he's taking a -3 ACP and 3 Max Dex and -10 move speed.
Yes this is intended, as I will be rebuilding him just before his 1 session on level 2.

You must be a worshiper of Chalidra in order to take the Lessons of Chalidra trait... so obviously you are.
Kep definitely is.

The rest looks ok.. I added a few effects and utilities to your sheet the ease FG play but you should be good to go unless you want to alter your gear a bit. I'm not that you are going to be able to avoid being encumbered without going very light on gear or increasing your strength a bit.
Thanks looking forward to those additions.

Blackfoot
July 19th, 2016, 18:02
Hmm....maybe I'll pick this one up so you can run through it sometime, BF. Unless you'd rather focus on higher tier games outside of our Season 3 Run.These 'evergreen' ones are good for any GM to pick up as they help to promote new players in the community. I think I've only actually played this one once at this point. :)

Blackfoot
July 19th, 2016, 18:03
The server is up if anyone would like to get logged in early and make sure all their connections are good. The Teamspeak info is in my signature, the password is Dungeoneers