PDA

View Full Version : FG connection issues

Gibson400
July 13th, 2016, 17:08
I have been using FG for a few months now and hosting games sessions with my players with no issues. That is until just recently. When I try to test the connection for the FG access I get a failure notice. I have checked all of my fire wall settings, reboot my router, checked my wiring and nothing seems to have changed with the permissions. I have not made any significant upgrades to any software except the periodic things that come thru. Can someone shed some light as to why, after several months of use this is no longer working? Is anyone else having the same issue?

Thanks

LordEntrails
July 13th, 2016, 17:20
Most likely your router has assigned your computer a new local IP address. This has happened to me in the past. Very what your local IP is on your FG server/host and then go back to your router and make sure the port forwarding is set to that IP, not the old one.

Other causes are possible, but I think this is the first one to check.

LordEntrails
July 13th, 2016, 17:21
Oh, and Welcome!

Gibson400
July 13th, 2016, 17:27
Thanks! It's kind of strange. I can get the updates from FG no problem. Everything comes thru fine. Wouldn't the router changing the IP address have effected that also?

Nylanfs
July 13th, 2016, 17:42
Nope, because the update process is requesting info from the server.

Gibson400
July 13th, 2016, 17:45
Thanks Nylanfs and LordEntrails! you know it must must be my router. I have FG set up on both of my computers and they both are having the issue. I will track the IP down when I get home this evening. Thanks for the help!

LordEntrails
July 13th, 2016, 17:54
Of course. And if that doesn't solve it just let us know. Will sic Damned on you if we have to :)

damned
July 13th, 2016, 23:46
I have been using FG for a few months now and hosting games sessions with my players with no issues. That is until just recently. When I try to test the connection for the FG access I get a failure notice. I have checked all of my fire wall settings, reboot my router, checked my wiring and nothing seems to have changed with the permissions. I have not made any significant upgrades to any software except the periodic things that come thru. Can someone shed some light as to why, after several months of use this is no longer working? Is anyone else having the same issue?

It is good that you noticed this. Your computer today is different to what it was last week and what it will be next week. Things are always changing even without our awareness.

Thanks Nylanfs and LordEntrails! you know it must must be my router. I have FG set up on both of my computers and they both are having the issue. I will track the IP down when I get home this evening. Thanks for the help!

Well... this could be half your problem. If you are using manual NAT/PAT you cant do it to two computers. It can only go to one computer or the other. If you are using UPnP it *can* work but still not at the same time and sometimes it wont release the port from one to assign it to the correct one in the right timeframe...

Send me a PM and Ill have a look with you.

Gibson400
July 14th, 2016, 19:41
Thanks everyone for the assistance. The IP from my router changed and that fixed the problem. By the way, I don't run FG on both of my computers at the same time. It's just a convenience thing.