PDA

View Full Version : POTA - Tavern/Red Larch Questions (Possible Spoilers)

Gwydion
July 13th, 2016, 14:44
As I'm getting ready to take my group through POTA, I'm grabbing all the maps I can including the ones from Zacchaeus (thanks!). Has anyone used the Cobblestone City maps to add some flavor to Red Larch? I downloaded the maps last night and converted one of the tavern settings into Helm at Highsun. I put the important NPC's in as an encounter so that when the group goes in, I can describe the tavern better with some tavern background sounds (thanks dulux-oz and syrinscape!) and show the group a map with a few characters they can interact with. I think I'm going to download the tavern add-on from rpgartkits and convert one of the other Cobblestone City buildings into the Swinging Sword with some additional random npc's as flavor and some of the tavern background tiles.

I certainly won't do this for every business, but some of the more "important" locations in Red Larch I might just to add some flavor rather than all theater of the mind. Anyway, just curious if anyone else is doing/has done something like this. I'm looking forward to starting this with the group in a few weeks!

LordEntrails
July 13th, 2016, 19:04
Not I. But I like the idea.

Gwydion
July 15th, 2016, 20:07
Thanks, LordEntrails. I've got Thirsty Serpent Tavern ad Helm at Highsun set up and included the key NPC's from the module as an encounter so I can drop them onto the maps when the party arrives. That way they can choose who to mingle with as they arrive in Red Larch. I just thought it might make it more immersive to allow them to see the NPC's and determine who they want to interact with. I'm going to add a few more for some of the other shops that I think might be interesting.