PDA

View Full Version : Gencon!

Phystus
July 12th, 2016, 16:14
Gencon is coming soon (August 4-7). I'm starting to get excited!

I know Smiteworks will be there (booth 1041). Who else is going?

~P

Nylanfs
July 12th, 2016, 18:19
PCGen will be there, booth 3036! :)

jshauber
July 13th, 2016, 02:50
I'll be helping the guys at the booth again this year so stop by and say hello.

Plus, I hear that Carl (from Tabletop Connect and Unity guru) will be there so you can pester him about features, timing, adding your pet projects by slipping him a 20...

GunbunnyFuFu
July 13th, 2016, 13:42
I'd love to go this year as I live 45 mins from the Convention Center. Alas, my social director has other things planned for me, though I've been assured that I can go next year. Have fun!

Nylanfs
July 13th, 2016, 14:09
Come on the weekend :)

GunbunnyFuFu
July 13th, 2016, 14:12
Sadly, she has me on Saturday. May be able to pull off Sunday, though. Not much gaming going on then, however.

mghauber
July 15th, 2016, 15:14
There for whole thing!

Trenloe
July 15th, 2016, 15:22
There for whole thing!
Me too!

timdog88
July 15th, 2016, 15:29
I'll be there wednesday thru saturday-had to agree to fly out at 6:30 AM sunday in order to get the wife to agree to me going. Such is life. I am super excited. I am making a list of the booths I want to stop by in the dealer hall, I've added smiteworks and PCgen to the list, any other suggestions? Looking for mainly rpg-related stuff.

jshauber
July 15th, 2016, 18:46
I'll be there wednesday thru saturday-had to agree to fly out at 6:30 AM sunday in order to get the wife to agree to me going. Such is life. I am super excited. I am making a list of the booths I want to stop by in the dealer hall, I've added smiteworks and PCgen to the list, any other suggestions? Looking for mainly rpg-related stuff.

Just plan on at least a half day walking thru the vendor area seeing everything. It is worth the time spent and you never know when you might come across some obscure game that catches your interest. Plus just people watching can be worth the price of admission!!

Nylanfs
July 15th, 2016, 19:06
The exhibit hall is quite a bit bigger this year, I would bet half a day isn't enough. :)

https://www.gencon.com/exhibit_hall_map

LordEntrails
July 15th, 2016, 19:07
Just plan on at least a half day walking thru the vendor area seeing everything. It is worth the time spent and you never know when you might come across some obscure game that catches your interest. Plus just people watching can be worth the price of admission!!
Especially when you see one of the Shauber brothers and realize that his avatar is a selfie!

mghauber
July 15th, 2016, 19:20
You think??? I don't look anything like an Imperial Shuttle.....at least I didn't think so....haha

jshauber
July 15th, 2016, 20:56
But the kids in the neighborhood all love it!!!