PDA

View Full Version : LFG - Mutants & Masterminds - Weekends

MrKinister
July 12th, 2016, 04:40
Hello there,

Experienced M&M 3e players and GM, looking for a group of like-minded heroes to take on the villains of the world.

Available weekends for awesome heroics.

Good with M&M rules, but new to Fantasy Grounds.

Hope to see a few more interested people here.

Thanks.

MeganHunter
July 12th, 2016, 05:16
Hello! When I first got Fantasy Grounds years ago, I was trying in vain to convert an M&M 2e system. I was so happy once 3e came out for it. (And even when playing on paper, FG is an excellent calculator to determine all your point buy costs.)

I had been GMing the same campaign (a Freedom City conversion) for two groups, but recently they've largely fallen through. I'm also doing a conversion of my DC book, I almost have the Teen Titans heroes and villains done. I am usually available on about half my weekends. I could show you some of the tricks for FG too, if you like. There's a few really minor things to watch out for, like your Advantages adding up incorrectly depending on how you add them to the sheet. There seems to be a small problem with the Powers tab accidentally deleting one when you try to add one. But these are thankfully few and far between, I could show you what to avoid even if our gaming schedules don't match up.

gaara6666
July 12th, 2016, 07:55
Oh man mutants and masterminds just sounds fantastic. I havent played since 2e. If it was saturday around 8pm us central count me in to play. I have also been using fg since 2008 and can offer some advice.

MrKinister
July 12th, 2016, 14:43
Hello Hunter,

Tell me more about your campaign. I'd love to give it a try. What days/times to do you like to run it?

rbeard101
July 12th, 2016, 21:35
I'm dying to get into a M&M game. Familiar with FG, but never played M&M - though I have looked at the rules.

DMReckless
July 14th, 2016, 00:57
I could eat the hell out of a M&M pie on Sturday afternoons/nights

gaara6666
July 14th, 2016, 04:02
Hell yes. Saturday night at like 830 us central reckless

Nate Grey
July 14th, 2016, 06:31
Seems like a lot of interest.

I'd be interested as well depending on the time.

MeganHunter
July 14th, 2016, 18:26
Wow, a lot of interest is right! Well originally I had been DMing two versions of the same campaign: my homebrew M&M 2nd edition conversion. I changed some things about the setting, then said that their version of the Justice League was tied up with other things so the party could shine. I actually ran two versions of it (one for college friends and one for a board game club Meetup) and since it was comics those were alternate dimensions (so crossovers could have been possible). There were even some NPCs in both with alternate alignments lol.

Both campaigns have more or less petered out, I'm sad to say. The first one fell victim to many of the players not really interested in pen and paper that much, so when new console games game out it turned into a ghost town. My second group was and is still into it, but they only like to play in person (try as I might for almost a decade, I've never been able to convice any of my friends to pick up FG) and meeting's getting harder the older we get. Technically my second group is still going, and since I'm close with all those folks I wouldn't feel right starting a version C while they're still hungry. But maybe I should just go ahead and get Ultimate... if I can convince them to do most of our sessions online, they'd get a lot more sessions and be a lot happier. Anyway, if that one either takes off again or dies officially, I'll post recruitment. Right now I'm actually hoping to find something to be a player in, since I'm not really getting that these days.

Oh, and just throwing this out there: not sure if it's a good idea or not since we never got to actually try it, but we thought it sounded pretty good for a system like M&M. We were set to have different DMs take ownership of different city settings all around the country. So my Freedom City was the Metrpolis, someone created a west coast Gotham, ect. The laws in each (what superheroes were allowed to do and how they were seen) were incredibly different because the US was somewhat fractured. It allowed for folks to share DM responsibilities so they could get some play in, while allowing a potentially massive stock of hungry players doing one-shots or guest spots. Admittedly that does lend itself more to gladiator match-ups than a long story; at the time that's what version A wanted, but version B much prefers an ongoing narrative with a small team. But seeing all these folks just made me want to mention that old, unused plan. If nothing else, it would be fascintating to have two DMs guide both parties in a classic clash-then-befriend sort of thing.