PDA

View Full Version : In dire need of inspiration

mrklin
July 11th, 2016, 21:28
Hey guys'n'gals,

I'm trying to build myself some modules to run Star Wars campaigns with, and feel a bit run-down and uninspired as I've got tons of ideas down but not managed to structure it well enough yet.

To help with that I also started building a new module where I'm transcribing the Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance free module from WotC into an FG module for the SWSE community ruleset. That helped some, but I still feel I'm not structuring it well enough though, and was wondering if anyone else had built any modules for the SWSE ruleset they would let me take a look at for inspiration/advice?

Nylanfs
July 12th, 2016, 01:20
Pick up some of the old WEG stuff, the story translates just fine.

mrklin
July 12th, 2016, 01:35
Thx, but I think I explained myself poorly.
I've got the adventures, I just need inspiration on how to build the Story-cards in the FG StarWarsSagaEdition module to present it smoothly for myself and the players (and any other GM I might share it with). Right now I'm flipping back and forth between walls of text and a confusing bundle of smaller portions. I've looked at the D&D adventures that came with FG for some guidance, but would love to see some setups other users of this particular ruleset have tried out.

I would also be looking at how particulars such as vehicles and mounts are handled in that ruleset, as well as some details on the NPC cards I'm trying to get a grip on.

In short, I don't need a complete adventure, I just need some cues on how others have worked around a somewhat bare-bone community-made ruleset.

damned
July 12th, 2016, 11:59
Does this ruleset support pins? If so build some over view maps and use lots of pins.
If not create your stories like:

01 Index
02 Story A
03 Story B
04 Story C

At the bottom of each story page place a link to Prev; and Next: to assist navigation.

mrklin
July 12th, 2016, 12:15
Does this ruleset support pins? If so build some over view maps and use lots of pins.
If not create your stories like:

01 Index
02 Story A
03 Story B
04 Story C

At the bottom of each story page place a link to Prev; and Next: to assist navigation.

No Pin-support, but I'm taking the other stuff on-board, thx.

EDIT: My bad, it has PIN-support, I just couldn't figure it out before now .... Pins ahoy :D

HoratioDrank
July 12th, 2016, 13:23
Never underestimate the creative benefit of doing nothing sometimes. We live in a world where we can, and often do, have access to uninterrupted feeds of data. Cable TV, high-speed Internet, cell phones, Twitter, Facebook, text messaging, etc. bombard us as often and for as long as we let them.

Sometimes just spending a little time away from all of that and vegging out and letting your mind wander can have incredible benefits to the creative process.

Here's a little article from CNN that talks about it:
https://www.cnn.com/2014/11/18/business/pico-iyer-virtue-nothing/

mrklin
July 12th, 2016, 16:30
Alright, some forward movement at last. Managed to transcribe part 1 of 3 on the first adventure of the DoD campaign now, and the setup is looking a bit better already.

Any fellow SWSE GM's out there want to be my guinnea-pig/reviewer as I go along? sort of gametester/quality control?

EDIT: Actually, this post can be closed, I'll move along to the Armory, sry for mispost :)