PDA

View Full Version : LFG 1 Player LF Day Game Sat, or Night Game Mon-Fri, PST.

MeganHunter
July 11th, 2016, 20:12
FG License: Standard

Time Zone: Pacific (UTC -8)

Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: I'm looking for a game that plays on Saturdays, several times a month. I would love to find something that could get together biweekly, and if so I could play starting at any time, for a length of between 2-3 hours or even going all day. I'll also be able to play weeknights starting at 6 to 7 pm Pacific (after work) and going till 10 or 11 pm; I could probably swing that one or two nights each week. I understand that's rather late so it probably only works for other folks in the Pacific time zone.

Term: Long term

Voice: I'm down for anything; currently use Skype or Steam

Game System Preferred: My main preference is for Pathfinder, followed by 3.5e. I'd really be willing to play most systems, though; I'm a bit interested in Deadlands and Dresden Files. I'm in a 5e game currently and have played some others in the past, like Shadowrun and Mutants & Masterminds.

Game System Experience: Back in middle school I started with the "black box" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungeons_%26_Dragons_Game_(1991_boxed_set)) and quickly got into 2nd edition. 2.5 Skills and Powers felt like a revelation (my fighters can actually do something now?!) so 3 and 3.5 were natural extentions. Once 4 turned into an excuse to sell figures (I was working for a toy company, we were pretty impressed in that sense) I found myself giving this... Pathfinder thing a try. Despite not having the official D&D name I still fell in love. Recently I've been playing 5th, but I haven't personally had a good experience with it yet.

Fantasy Grounds Experience: Quite familiar, though I could use some practice with the coding / automation.

Character Type Preferred: I'm usually pretty happy to play anything, but I tend to gravitate toward melee types that rely on their natural talents rather than spells or powers. I often make humans or dwarves.

About me: My name's Megan and I live in Los Angeles. I just turned 38 and have been playing pen and paper games for about 25 years now (well, off and on... the passion's always there, though!) I do digital art for a living so I'm always happy to contribute to a game with art assets if the DM needs a hand or a player wants a portrait. I'm also an avid Steam (https://steamcommunity.com/id/compass_rose/) player.

wthrasherb
July 13th, 2016, 02:21
Hey Megan, are you still looking for a Saturday game? I just lost a human fighter. Here are the details from my looking for players post. Please PM me on here ASAP if you are interested. Our next game is on July 16th at 2PM MDT, so 1 PM for you. We also play weekly (when adult stuff doesn't get in the way), is that a problem? You mention bi-weekly above in your post.

I may have one other new player joining playing some kind of spellcaster, but so far, in the party we already have a bard, barbarian, paladin, and a rogue. Everyone is still 1st level. We are playing Curse of Strahd, although we have only played a couple of intro sessions and have not progressed very far story wise.

We have a group of a bunch of guys, so it would be nice to add a little feminine touch to the group (you don't actually have to play a female character if you don't want). I will always make sure my gaming groups are safe environments of equal opportunity no matter how you look/smell/sound/self-identify/etc. although I do require adults only (18+ please).

New Players Welcome!

Thanks! I'll look forward to your response!

Read more stuff and things below...

FG License: Ultimate; Players only need Demo
Game System: 5th edition Dungeons & Dragons

Time Zone: MDT/GMT -6
Day of week and time: Saturday 2 P.M.
If new game, planned start date: in progress
Planned Frequency: weekly
Term: mid- long term

Text or Voice: Voice (mic and head phones/ability to mute required)
Voice software used: Teamspeak

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50
Number of Players in game & needed: 4-6 (we already have 4 plus the DM)
Character starting level & equipment: 1st level, equipment listed for class and background plus 50 gp of anything listed in PHB
Character restrictions: Official Wizards of the Coast D&D material only (stuff from web site is fine)

Details of your scenario: Curse of Strahd... fantasy/horror

MeganHunter
July 14th, 2016, 17:55
Good morning! Thanks so much for the great offer. Wow Strahd, I haven't thought about that since Lord Soth haha :D For that thing about the Saturdays I'm recently an aunt, and I go help my brother out usually every other weekend. The other half of the time I keep open for fun stuff. I know I could make a bi-weekly commitment without any issue, but it might be too tricky to get back in time for something that's every Saturday. The 16th's a decent example, unfortunately I'm already locked in to going up there for most of it.

My Sundays are in a similar boat: I'm in a 5e Out of the Abyss with a dwarven battle master, but I'm currently possessed by several personalities so I can't roleplay - or even act - the way that I want her to. It's taking its toll. But thank you for thinking of me!

MeganHunter
July 24th, 2016, 00:32
Hiya friends, don't mean to spam but I thought it might help if I pulled together an Obsidian Portal page with some of the character ideas I'm looking to play. If you're in the market for another player, please feel welcome to take a look (https://meganscharacters.obsidianportal.com/characters) and see if anything strikes you. I'll keep adding to that page over time, but of course I'm always happy to make someone specifically for a world or story too. I like reading up on lore.

Many thanks to the kind souls who have offered games! So far time zones or different schedules have put the kibosh on those plans, but I'm hopeful soon that I'll be able to match up with something haha. Good gaming to all!