PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about purchases.

jdix03
July 11th, 2016, 17:29
If I have an ultimate license and I join a game as a player and say that I have purchased the monster manual. Is it possible to make that manual available to the other players in that game, or only the DM's purchases able to be used by players?

Thanks

Andraax
July 11th, 2016, 17:46
Only the GM can share content.

LordEntrails
July 11th, 2016, 17:49
Though my understanding is if you own content and you try to open it as a player, the GM will get a prompt to allow you to open it. This way if you have something like player options (SCAG or such), you can use it. It won't share to the GM or other players, but you can use it yourself.

Zacchaeus
July 11th, 2016, 17:54
If you are a player you shouldn't be looking at the Monster Manual anyway :)

And welcome to FG and to the Community.

jdix03
July 11th, 2016, 17:57
It wasn't that I needed to see it as a player. When we all lived close my group would have a couple of PHB's and maybe one MM. When other people wanted to run we just shared. Just wondering if it could work like that here instead of all of us buying the same stuff.

damned
July 12th, 2016, 12:11
jdix03 if you swap GM roles around a bit and cant afford a MM each stick with the SRD and manually create one new monster between each session.... its unlikely you will ever need more *new* monsters than that between sessions.

HoratioDrank
July 12th, 2016, 13:36
I've read posts from groups that pitch in collectively pay for an Ultimate subscription (or buy it outright) plus any needed books, all of which goes to the GM of the game. I think it's a nice way to say thank you to your GM, who puts in work between game sessions to make sure players have a good time during games. And split up among all of the players and the GM, the cost is manageable.

Of course, this would only work if a group has a non-rotating GM spot.