PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with failing connection test...

Habanero
July 11th, 2016, 06:50
I am struggling with attempting to fix the connection test.

I have entered the IP address in my routers port forwarding, but it still fails. I have tried things like Open Port Checker, and sure enough, it shows the port closed. I have disabled my windows firewall for testing purposes. I have a dynamic IP address, if that makes a difference.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

damned
July 11th, 2016, 07:40
Sent you a PM.

Habanero
July 12th, 2016, 07:17
Sent you a PM.

Serious Props to damned!

He spent time fixing my broken system, messing with my Router and DSL Modem settings, and figured out there were also system permission problems with my Windows user account.

He got my game working, so I can host some D&D!

Totally appreciate it. Glad there are dudes out there who are willing to assist the community like this.

I will pass it forward fo sho!

Habanero.

JohnD
July 12th, 2016, 19:29
Yeah damned is really good at this stuff.

audis423
July 13th, 2016, 22:42
Hey I'm having the same issue and cannot get my port to open. I am running a surfboard modem in routed mode and a linksys router connected to the surboard. Any help would be appreciated.

LordEntrails
July 13th, 2016, 22:47
Can you give us a little more detail? Can you get to the port forwarding settings on your modem? Can you get to them on your router? Are able to make the expected settings and they just don't stick when you go back into the settings? Do they stick but its not working?

audis423
July 13th, 2016, 22:56
I am able to get to the port forwarding settings through my linksys router and use dd.wrt software instead of linksys software. All changes are sticking. I am networking inclined and usually don't have issues. My concern is that the forwarding is not happening at the modem level.

audis423
July 13th, 2016, 22:57

LordEntrails
July 13th, 2016, 23:17
... My concern is that the forwarding is not happening at the modem level.

My guess as well. But beyond me. Several of the guys are actually networking admins and experts, so I'll step aside and wait for one of them to jump in with more expertise.

damned
July 14th, 2016, 00:01
If you have modem connected to router connected to PC then you need to forward TCP1802 on the modem to the routers WAN IP and then forward TCP1802 on the router to the PCs IP address.

audis423
July 14th, 2016, 01:53
Good man. All set. Appreciate the help.

Habanero
July 14th, 2016, 04:27
If you have modem connected to router connected to PC then you need to forward TCP1802 on the modem to the routers WAN IP and then forward TCP1802 on the router to the PCs IP address.

+1 to damned! He is legit.