PDA

View Full Version : New 4E campaign starting up, looking for a couple more players!

Locke4VII
July 10th, 2016, 15:39
4E doesn't get the attention it deserves, and so for those 4E fans, I'd like to announce a long-term (levels 1-30) game starting this afternoon! We're looking for 1-2 more players to join the party as we kick off into destinations unknown!

FG License: DM holds the Ultimate License so now purchase is required on the part of the player.
Game System: D&D 4E

Time Zone: GMT -5 (EST/EDT)
Day of week and time: Sunday afternoons, 2pm-7pm
If new game, planned start date: 07/10/2016
Planned Frequency: Two weeks on, one week off; can be diversified based on schedules.
Term: Super long-term. We start at level 1 and the module runs through to level 30. No commitment necessary for the first few games, but I'd like to see this run through.

Text or Voice: Mix of text (the DM will be using mostly text) and Teampseak.

Roleplay & Combat mix: 40/60. The adventure path contains several modules, some of which are more or less strictly dungeon crawls, while others are very roleplay-centric. We are a heavy-roleplaying group to being with, so even in the thick of battle a lot of roleplaying will be taking place.
Number of Players in game & needed: There are currently 4 committed players. The module can support up to 6 (5 preferred), although I will allow others to sign on as alternates.
Character starting level & equipment: 1st level with a free Adventurer's Pack and 1 magic weapon up to level 3.
Character restrictions: No evil alignments. Anything else published by Wizards is fair game, and the DM allows "flavour" customization.

Details:
The first module starts off in a peaceful period of a quiet town. Of course, that all changes very quickly as the players find themselves caught up in the thick of a vile plot to ruin the mortal realm as they know it. Each module presents new clues as to the extent of the threat as the team focuses their efforts in solving the mystery and bringing peace back to the realm. Character backgrounds may reveal more information.

Most importantly, the GM expects the team to have fun! We're all in this for a good time, not to be brought down by a rules lawyer or min/maxxer. I encourage and reward creative roleplay and PC involvement, so pull up a chair, get your game face on, and come have a blast!

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2029

computertrucker
July 10th, 2016, 17:58
I would love to possibly play. Wouldn't be available untill next weekend though

Locke4VII
July 10th, 2016, 18:02
Well if you're free you're welcome to join late!

Artaron
September 2nd, 2016, 22:40
Hello !
I'd be interested in this campaign if you could accomodate one more. Sent a PM.

the Dregs
September 7th, 2016, 01:22
Me too. I registered after seeing this thread, because it's perfect for me. Still looking for players?

Nylanfs
September 7th, 2016, 01:52
Welcome to the forums and FG community Dregs!

the Dregs
September 7th, 2016, 01:58
Thanks! I was actually just checking out the program to maybe try it with my friends. Then I saw this perfect game and jumped right in. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Locke4VII
October 16th, 2016, 18:42
Hello everyone! We were at maximum capacity for a while with a loyal group, however one of our players recently had to drop out for personal reasons. If anyone is interested in taking up his mantle, please feel free to apply on the game calendar!

JackLe945
October 29th, 2016, 06:24
Bumping the thread for the group. I can say that the group and DM are great, and the story is just starting to get really good!

spite
October 30th, 2016, 03:38
Hey, I am really interested in playing this. I have got only a small bit of experience with 4e (I ran Keep on the Shadowfell for my friends), but if that's ok with you, I'd love to apply for this spot.

Just to confirm, what is the setting? It's not Dark Sun or anything else out of the norm?

Pramxnim
October 30th, 2016, 19:51
Hi Spite! Not the DM, but I can answer your question. The setting is normal 4e Point of Light setting, no Dark Sun or anything out of the norm. The group currently consists of a Avenger, Cleric, Fighter and Swordmage.

spite
October 30th, 2016, 21:37
Awesome, definitely sounds like something I am keen to play in! So you have a space for a controller. To the DM, if you do invite me to game, are you happy for controllers, or prefer not to have them (I know some DMs prefer not to). If you are, I'd be interested in playing a Binder Warlock, or Psion.
If you prefer not to have controllers, I would likely lean towards a third striker.

Locke4VII
November 2nd, 2016, 18:12
Hey Spite! Sorry it's been a hectic weekend for me, but I'll send you a message with all the details!

spite
November 2nd, 2016, 21:32
No issue, I received and responded. Sounds great!

mcpeakj
November 23rd, 2016, 21:12
Is thre still room?

Locke4VII
November 25th, 2016, 18:45
We're back up to five players so that's max capacity for us - thanks for applying everyone!

thanatos0
November 26th, 2016, 02:29
I'm super interested I even have hardcover 4e books on my computer desk waiting to be used

spite
January 16th, 2017, 02:52
Wrong thread!