PDA

View Full Version : Par5e tokens

El Condoro
July 10th, 2016, 06:16
I'm sure this has been asked before but I can't find the answer for some reason.

I have set up a test token and am getting the error in the screenshot attached. I have checked Xorn's tutorial and am doing the right thing as far as I can tell. I can create other modules without issues (after I delete the input\tokens folder) and have checked the permissions on the file (and folders, even with the Windows 10 RO issue) - they all seem OK.

Edit: Curiously, if I change the "Module Name" to a name that has already been parsed (Monster Manual, in this case) it parsed fine.

Edit: (Solution - probably one that everyone already knows!) I had to go into the "temp" folder and manually create a folder with the same name as the module. Everything parsed correctly then.

Zacchaeus
July 10th, 2016, 09:04
The solution to that particular problem is usually to delete the output folder. Your problem may be a naming one in that you have place NPC in front of the NPC's name. I wonder if just Meroc would do.

El Condoro
July 10th, 2016, 11:55
The npcs.txt file has the name as NPC Meroc, so the npcmeroc.png does work. I'll fiddle around with removing the temp folder (probably the db.xml and/or definition.xml)

Zacchaeus
July 10th, 2016, 12:40
That's what I mean; rather than have the name in the .txt file as NPC Meroc; just have it as Meroc. I don't know if it would make any difference but it's certainly something I would try myself.

El Condoro
July 10th, 2016, 13:22
Ah, I see. Well, the deletion of the \temp folder seems to have done the trick. NPC Meroc et al work with npcmeroc.png tokens. I could parse correctly by adding the module name folder but now I don't need to. Thanks for the tip.

Zacchaeus
July 10th, 2016, 15:28
Excellent! Just so that I know for future reference, what temp folder and where is it that you had to add a new folder too. This is a new 'solution' I believe, that I certainly haven't come across before.

El Condoro
July 10th, 2016, 22:01
The temp folder is defined in the "Temp Path" field on the PAR5E configuration screen. It's found under input\temp wherever the 'input' folder for PAR5E has been put.

Zacchaeus
July 10th, 2016, 22:09
Aha! I kinda thought you were going to say that. You are using a very old version of par5e I believe. That particular configuration is no longer needed (or desirable). The latest public version is v0.0.9-b62. Time to revisit DrZuess's site I feel and download that version.

El Condoro
July 10th, 2016, 22:22
You're right - I am on v.0.0.8. Visit to the good Dr. pending. Cheers