PDA

View Full Version : Creating Library Mod Help

NovaTosh
July 10th, 2016, 00:50
I'm loving me some Savage Worlds in Fantasy Grounds. We've been playing regularly for nearly three years.

I recently got into Savage Rifts so I'm creating a library mod for the game in hopes of running a game for my players this fall. I have no idea with coding and such so I'm using the great little Library Enhancement Extension. Ran into a small snag. Two, actually.

First: Trying to create some cybernetics gear that can be dragged on to the character sheet. However, I can't figure out how to create that gear in the Library mod. I can make the gear as an item and link it to the Cybernetics library page I have but then when I export the gear doesn't save.

Second: I have created all the Tables in the Campaign but how do I get them to save in the Library as well?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Skellan
July 10th, 2016, 01:19
The library mod might not handle the cybernetics as its fairly new. As for the other issue it might be something t do with ordering. Mask of winter explains it better in this vid

https://youtu.be/vzmGaBgP1OY

hope this helps some

Ikael
July 10th, 2016, 13:01
The library mod might not handle the cybernetics as its fairly new. As for the other issue it might be something t do with ordering. Mask of winter explains it better in this vid

https://youtu.be/vzmGaBgP1OY

hope this helps some

Support for cybernetics is in the extension, but you need to use another extension/product that actually offers cyberware feature such as Science Fiction Companion or Interface Zero. Wheb such product is enabled alongside Library Extension you get new options to create gear

Ikael
July 10th, 2016, 13:07
The latest version of Enhanced Library Extension supports exporting tables as part of library. You just need to include table link in your library content. However, after export it does not populate the table in tables window, but you can still access it from your exported library module

NovaTosh
July 11th, 2016, 03:22
Thanks for your help Ikael and Skellan. I'll try the table links and see how it works out. As for Cyberware I guess I'll have to look at getting the Sci Fi Companion add-on.

NovaTosh
July 22nd, 2016, 20:09
I am nearly finished my library mod but I ran into a snag. I entered all the new powers and when I load the module up the powers are not there! If I load the campaign I created it all in, I can see them there but when I load the library module in a new campaign... no powers. Any suggestions?

damned
July 23rd, 2016, 01:31
Open the campaign db.xml and search for a power. Open the XML in the export module and see if it is present. You might have to manually copy that code over.

Ikael
July 23rd, 2016, 07:35
I am nearly finished my library mod but I ran into a snag. I entered all the new powers and when I load the module up the powers are not there! If I load the campaign I created it all in, I can see them there but when I load the library module in a new campaign... no powers. Any suggestions?

I cannot reproduce your issue. How have you entered powers?

NovaTosh
July 25th, 2016, 16:10
Ikael: I was using the library enhancement extension and creating the powers in there. When I load up the campaign and see the module where everything has been created, all the powers are present that I've entered. But when I load the library module itself, they are not there. I definitely know that they are showing up in the xml file as I briefly loaded it to see if they are showing there. Again, I have no clue with scripting so not sure where the error is occurring that they are not showing up in the library module. I'll have a look at the xml file this evening to see if I can find any clues as to what is happening here.

NovaTosh
July 26th, 2016, 01:07
I can't seem to figure out the problem... I opened the db.xml file of the library module and I have attached a screenshot. There are two sections for the powers. One is the library entry here on line 3133 with all the powers listed in the <library> section beginning with <chapter_00061_newpowers>

The second section is under <references> and the powers begin on line 9161 as seen here:

I don't know if you can see a problem here and I don't even know what to look for as this is my first time trying to look at the code. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated!

Skellan
July 26th, 2016, 01:31
out of interest, did you drag the powers from another module such as the sw players guide?

Mortar
July 26th, 2016, 01:51
Looking at the screen shots and what you have said it is acting like the module doesn't know where to look so is putting up a blank window. Just to check, in <chapter_00061_newpowers> at the end of a recordname add the module name to the path like: <recordname>reference.heroic.ppethief@exact module name here</recordname>

edit: the module name you need to use is the exact same as the one found around line 4-7. ex: <name type="string">Weird Wars Rome Players Guide</name>

NovaTosh
July 26th, 2016, 03:44
Skellan. I did at first, but when it didn't work properly I made them all from scratch. Looking at both the library db.xml file and the campaigns db.xml I see that there are multiple copies of the same powers... which is probably a part of this entire problem. If I had to enter all the powers again I would be fine with that but I don't know what or how much to delete.

Mortar. In the reference section of the db file, what should I place as the <recordname>? Right now it is showing just <recordname>..</recordname> for each power entry?

Mortar
July 26th, 2016, 04:06
You will want to change the <recordname> elements that you have showing in the first screen shot.

Think of the <recordname> as a file path with each piece a subdirectory of the one before it. Looking more closely at the screen shots you posted, the power description windows come up empty becuase that path isn't pointing to the correct spot.

I am working of my phone right now so trying to remember of the top of my head what your images looked like.

It will look something like this:

<recordname>reference.newpowers.heroic.ppethief<recordname>

The first word reference tells it to look in the reference section. Each word after that is a child element of the one before it (its nested within them) and so on until you get to last one. The last item in that will be the actual name that you gave the power,

The <recordname> elements in the second shot are empty like that because the information FG is looking are right after the element.

I away from my computer for the mext 8 hours or so but will help the best I can.

Ikael
July 26th, 2016, 07:14
Skellan. I did at first, but when it didn't work properly I made them all from scratch. Looking at both the library db.xml file and the campaigns db.xml I see that there are multiple copies of the same powers... which is probably a part of this entire problem. If I had to enter all the powers again I would be fine with that but I don't know what or how much to delete.

Mortar. In the reference section of the db file, what should I place as the <recordname>? Right now it is showing just <recordname>..</recordname> for each power entry?

Yeah the issue is in the first screenshot. Each powers recordname was bad value its missing one part after reference and @ module name from the end.

Did you create this as is with Enhanced Library or did you alter it manually?

NovaTosh
July 27th, 2016, 00:48
Ikael - I did use the Enhanced Library as I don't understand enough of the coding to do it manually.
I tried altering the recordname but it still is not adding the power... I have everything completed for this library module and it's just these powers not working.

Mortar
July 27th, 2016, 02:07
If you have altered the recordname and the powers still are showing as empty windows, then the recordname (again its like a file path) is still not complete/correct. Have you added the "@full module name" - its not needed every time but it will need to be there if there is multiple modules involved.

In the s"untitles" screen cap below are some from the Weird Wars Rome module I converted, the "untitled2" image I have reopened the same module and collapsed the info not required. If you look you can see all the elements listed in the <recordname> elements from the image 1 visible circled in red in in image2.

Ikael
July 27th, 2016, 07:39
Ikael - I did use the Enhanced Library as I don't understand enough of the coding to do it manually.
I tried altering the recordname but it still is not adding the power... I have everything completed for this library module and it's just these powers not working.

In that case is it posdible for you to send me the campaign's db.xml file so I could debug the issue and prevent it from happening again.

daikuma70
October 14th, 2016, 02:06
Yeah NovaTosh I wouldn't mind a look at this mod too. Would be more than glad to help.