PDA

View Full Version : Converted one-shot module: Into the Awaroth Woods

lesliev
July 9th, 2016, 11:07
Hi everyone!

For FGDaze I ran a one-shot based on "Into the Awaroth Woods", which I converted from Lorenzo Santini's award winning one-page dungeon here:
https://www.onepagedungeon.info/2015

In my conversion I altered the adventure a little so it would work better as a one-shot and after running it I went back and added some "GM tips", which were things I discovered and things that happened during the game I ran. Take these with a massive pinch of salt since this was probably the 5th game I've ever run!

But anyway, here's the module if anyone else wants to try it. I think it works great at a one-shot and it's been very difficult for me to find 5E one-shot modules for Fantasy Grounds. I would love it if others would post their one-shot adventures.

I'd welcome any feedback and especially let me know if you can see any rights violations in the module - I've tried to abide by the relevant licenses.

Leslie

Zacchaeus
July 9th, 2016, 13:15
Well done; can you please alter it to include copies of both the licenses that you are using, rather than just links.

lesliev
July 10th, 2016, 04:30
I was going to do that but had some difficulty. The OGL text in the PDF is tab spaced and copying and pasting it into a story entry makes for some crazy formatting. I don't know how to make Reference sections like in the 5E SRD module itself. I tried copying from the SRD but that text cannot be selected in order to copy it.

I searched for text versions of the SRD and could only find the PDF, or HTML copies.
This HTML here is fairly simple but they say the license is "simplified": https://www.opengamingfoundation.org/ogl.html

So, any hints on how I should do this?

LordEntrails
July 10th, 2016, 04:53
You can get rid of the tabs by pasting all the text into your module and then doing a ctrl-j. If you have trouble with that, I can email you a plain text copy that I have.

lesliev
July 10th, 2016, 05:01
After a lot of conversion attempts I found the text in an easy to copy format in the 5E sample campaign. Thanks!

lesliev
July 10th, 2016, 05:11
New version uploaded - I changed a few things, put in the licenses and cut a nice icon from the original source.

Zacchaeus
July 10th, 2016, 09:08
Jolly good, thanks lesliev. You got it working ok, what I would have suggested was copy/paste from the pdf into notepad++ and use the global search/replace to get rid of the awfulness.

Also I stickied this in the 5E modules thread.

lesliev
July 10th, 2016, 10:47
Thanks Zacchaeus!