PDA

View Full Version : Dull Edjes - 5e Homebrew Campaign- Saturdays @ 3PM CDT

Muagen
July 9th, 2016, 02:13
**Update: Group is currently full**

D&D 5E
I only have the standard license, so players will need at least a standard license as well.

First session: 3pm(cdt) Saturday, 16th of July (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2090), running for about three hours so we can get through character creation and do some roleplaying.

Voice chat: Private Mumble (https://wiki.mumble.info/wiki/Main_Page) server

Looking for 4-6 players of any experience level who are eager to step into their roles. My aim is to run a session at this time every week, so if you’re looking for a regular game, I’m looking for you.

Character creation: During this first session, players will roll up their 1st level characters and decide on a secret, something they can’t afford for the world to know about them. Could be a terrible thing they did, something about their lineage, a curse with some oomph to it… The important thing is that it’s something that would destroy your character’s life if it got out.

Your story begins at midnight in the occupied, walled city of Edjes, in a butcher shop on the rough side of town. The leathery old butcher who calls himself Sweets squints at you like he’s deciding what steaks he could make of you.
There are others in the room, nervously glancing about in the candlelight as a heavily armored troop of Woltzkald soldiers thunder past, down the cobblestone alleys outside.
For a moment you wonder what secrets these others might have, but then Sweets speaks up, his words tight and bitter like his face:
“The client says there’s to be one less Woltzkald general by dawn. By my count, that gives us a little less than six hours to make a god bleed.”

Here's a 5 page primer (https://goo.gl/CKckfG) on the setting, if you'd like a closer look.

As I receive questions I'll post answers here.

What is your expected Roleplay/Combat/Puzzle mix?
I can give you a ratio--something like 1:1:1--but the reality is that content blend is largely dependent on what the players end up enjoying. To that end, I can say the first session or two account for all three.

What optional rules, if any, are you going to use? (feats, multiclassing, flanking, etc)
Primarily by-the-book, but if you're curious about a particular published option, please feel free to ask. I like feats, I'm okay with multiclassing, and I don't think flanking is necessary, given the overall lower ACs for monsters.

What is the normal expected play time, will it also be 3 hours or is that just the first session?
I'm a big fan of the three-hour session. It gives everyone an hour to get settled in, recall where we last were, ask for clarifications. Then we still have two hours to make solid progress, with everybody warmed up and thinking in-character. I like to cut it off at three hours for the sake of comfort and because it lets me approximate a reasonable amount of content to make ahead of time.

Engwar
July 9th, 2016, 05:20
Hey Muagen,

I'm very interested in joining your campaign. I have played on FG before but it has been some time and it may take me a bit to acclimate myself again. Also 3pm Central time on Saturdays is perfect for me. I've never played a homebrew campaign before and yours sounds interesting. What (if any) races/classes are not allowed from 5E?

Muagen
July 9th, 2016, 11:21
Hi there Engwar, and thanks for your interest!
I'm trying to stick to the core races and classes presented in the PHB, for the sake of atmosphere, as well as simplicity. If you have a really great character idea, I'd love to find a way to fit it in, though.

Engwar
July 9th, 2016, 14:54
Ok sounds great I normally enjoy playing clerics and have a dwarven cleric that is quite brash and enjoys a good fight (as all dwarfs do). I'll read thru the pdf and get familiar with your setting. How would you like me to send you a copy of my character?

Muagen
July 9th, 2016, 15:04
Please PM me your character and any questions that crop up as you read through the pdf.

_JackDoor_
July 12th, 2016, 16:24
Sent you a PM :)

Muagen
July 12th, 2016, 17:01
Replied!

PVT snuffy
July 12th, 2016, 17:46
just sent you a PM

Muagen
July 12th, 2016, 17:59
just sent you a PM

Replied!

Muagen
July 12th, 2016, 20:01
Update on openings:
We have a few more slots left. Could definitely use some arcane influence of one or two varieties...

Kieran Redhead
July 13th, 2016, 00:51
I'm still fairly new but I wouldnt mind getting in on this. I can be what you want me to be. though I might lean towards wizard. I only need one piece of info... what time is CDT in terms of GMT?

Edit: OK I had a look and i would only be able to make it if the game would be pushed back an hour or so as I work til 8pm gmt (start of the game) on sat. if that means I cant play thats ok and I apologise for wasting your time GM

Muagen
July 13th, 2016, 03:13
Not a waste of my time at all! Thanks for your interest.

RaTath
July 13th, 2016, 03:50
I PM'd you :)

Infamouse
July 13th, 2016, 08:46
I'm still fairly new but I wouldnt mind getting in on this. I can be what you want me to be. though I might lean towards wizard. I only need one piece of info... what time is CDT in terms of GMT?

Edit: OK I had a look and i would only be able to make it if the game would be pushed back an hour or so as I work til 8pm gmt (start of the game) on sat. if that means I cant play thats ok and I apologise for wasting your time GM

Isn't 3pm CDT 9pm for the UK since it is 10pm for me in Holland? its 7 hours behind GMT+2 which is where Holland is now with summer time so UK would be GMT +1 with summer time making it 6 hours behind. so 3pm would be 9pm.

markjohn
July 13th, 2016, 11:17
Are you still looking for players?

Muagen
July 13th, 2016, 12:32
Group is currently full.
Thanks for your interest!