PDA

View Full Version : Using Hamachi -Works Great except for my players on a laptop (macbook)

DragonPrince
July 8th, 2016, 03:58
Hi Everyone,

I'm a new FG user tying to set up a group of old school 1e and Ad&d players on this new tech. I am able to get everyone onto FG via Hamachi but my players on MacBooks cannot get a max screen so that they can see the right side on the tabletop. I is opening on their laptop screen but at 80% coverage or so. I don't have him in front of me as he is a couple of hours away so I am turning to all of you. The logmein site is no help on this that i can see.

Any suggestions? My desktop players are working perfectly. We really want to get gaming but need to sort this issue out first.

Thank you!!

LordEntrails
July 8th, 2016, 04:41
That doesn't sound like a Hamachi issue, but rather a Mac/Wine issue. I assume he's running FG in Wine? I remember seeing some threads about graphic issues in Wine and some various settings that may help. Make sure s/he's gone through the Wine install tutorial. I'm not sure where the link is, but I believe it's a sticky in this forum.

If that doesn't help, or you need me or someone else to find the other threads for you, let us know. We'll be glad to help.

And, certainly not last, welcome to the community to you and your players. Glad to have you :)

damned
July 8th, 2016, 07:40
I agree - its less likely to be Hamachi than other things.
In the Fantasy Grounds Settings - try checking (or unchecking) Cross-platform compatibility mode for Linux and Mac and also there is a WINE setting Use Mac Driver instead of X11 that you might untick as experienced by dmbrown in another thread.