PDA

View Full Version : Connection test failure

RedPaladine
July 8th, 2016, 02:34
My players can not connect to my server any more. I have assigned my computer a static ip and set the port 1802 to forward to that ip in the router but test is still saying failure. Please help.

Willot
July 8th, 2016, 03:09
Im assuming youve checked Your firewalls?

RedPaladine
July 8th, 2016, 03:14
Yep, checked firewalls. Ensured routers firmware is updated.

Willot
July 8th, 2016, 03:14
Just to super double check. Go into Command Prompt and type <ipconfig /all> and just check that the ip on the network adaptor is the static one.

Get your players to try your acual IP address (one ISP gives you) instead of the alais.

RedPaladine
July 8th, 2016, 03:23
ipconfig /all shows the static ip. Tried to connect using the ip address on 2nd computer but still no dice.

Willot
July 8th, 2016, 03:30
And the IP your ISP assigned you hasnt changed?
Types whats my ip in google

damned
July 8th, 2016, 03:31
RedPaladine send me a PM.

Willot
July 8th, 2016, 03:35
RedPaladine send me a PM.

Cool Ddamned can have a crack at it I gotta bug out soon. Something has changed somewhere.

midas
July 9th, 2016, 16:19
If you tried connecting from Computer B to the internal static IP address you see via ipconfig on Computer A and it failed, then the issue is about 99.9% likely to be firewall software on Computer A (assuming you were actually *in* the campaign when you tried to connect; Computer B won't connect to Computer A until the campaign on Computer A is loaded).

damned
July 10th, 2016, 01:58
Yes - it is/was the Avast firewall blocking it. His router and IP are all setup fine.

Nickademus
July 10th, 2016, 02:28
Yay! Game on!

RedPaladine
July 18th, 2016, 17:07
Sorry, I ment to update this thread last week. After damned took a look we were able to determine that my Avast firewall was blocking the incoming packets for fantasy grounds. I created a rule in my Avast firewall and after playing with the rule and rebooting my computer a couple of times the rule finally took affect and I was up and running again.

Thank you again damned I really appreciate you help on this.

Nylanfs
July 19th, 2016, 03:15
Hurray!