PDA

View Full Version : Devil of Dark Wood - AAW Adventure (correction and SPOILERS!)

Gwydion
July 7th, 2016, 14:14
Morning, everyone. Not sure where to post this but wanted to give an FYI to anyone running Devil in Dark Wood (Adventure a Week game). I'm about to start it tonight with my group. I noticed that in the stats for Bakinqa (spoiler alert - he is the devil of dark wood), he shows as having damage vulnerability to cold and essentially non-magical weapons). Looking at the actual description of spined devil (which is what he is) in the MM, he should have damage resistance for these attacks. I updated in my copy, but I wanted to let other know in case you will be running it. I contact the publisher and they are going to update it. They have been great by the way with my questions and comments on other adventures. I had a couple other questions for the publisher and when I hear back I might post here as well.

As a final caveat, I can't recall if my purchase was directly on FG or at AAW. I think for this one it was directly on FG.

If this should be moved somewhere else, please do so!

Seya
July 7th, 2016, 15:40
Thanks i just finished this adventure and we were wondering what the resistances were. And AAW is great they always answer everything fast.

Gwydion
July 7th, 2016, 15:52
Cool. Sounds like I'm just behind you. I ran Crow's Rest and Crypt of the Sun Lord and the group (a new group in general to 5e) has really enjoyed them. We will finish Crypt tonight and start Devil of Dark Wood. Let me know if you have any pointers on running Devil of Dark Wood.

After we finish I am either going to run them through Champion's Rest or begin POTA. I have been setting up POTA, I just didn't want to dive into it immediately with the new group and me as a new DM. Wanted some bite-size stuff first. I want the group to be at 2nd-3rd level as we roll into POTA. I've been doing a lot of reading/prep for POTA and am really excited to get the group to it. I've modified some of the AAW settings to get the group near Waterdeep and ultimately to Red Larch to begin POTA! Hopefully it transitions well.

Seya
July 7th, 2016, 15:59
I bought the https://adventureaweek.com/shop/fgcs1-rybalka/

You can edit it to run on 5e. Nice and cheap with some good stuff in it. You wouldn't need it if you start POTA. But I'm wanting to do the whole adventure I can't wait till they release some more modules for it.

Gwydion
July 7th, 2016, 16:07
Agreed. I really like their modules and they are very responsive to questions and suggestions.