PDA

View Full Version : Module corrupts on close

El Condoro
July 7th, 2016, 13:14
I have created a D&D 5e module and had some technical issues - who knows what - and reinstalled FG.

I restored the campaign module from a backup and it opens perfectly in FG - everything is there and everything works.

Until I close it (no changes made) and reopen it. All the maps, NPCs, stories and encounters open as blank place holders ("New story", "New personality" etc.)

Is there something I can do to not have this happen? Is there a way to refresh all the links and data? Help! :)

[Edit] forgot to say: one thing I noticed is that if I drag an entry to copy it and then close the campaign and reopen it, that entry seems OK. However, my issue is that I suspect all my encounters will need to be redone (link NPC to encounter to map).

Zacchaeus
July 7th, 2016, 18:02
Sounds like it is saving to a different location from where it is being opened from. Check that when you reinstalled FG that the pointers to your data locations are correct in settings, and that you have full read/write access to that folder.

El Condoro
July 7th, 2016, 23:31
Those settings are correct and accessible. I think you're right but in the end I reconstructed the module and it is OK now. Took a couple of hours but my main concern was I had not lost the story and NPC records. I dragged to copy everything, I then re-linked everything (NPCs to encounters to maps) and it all works now. I removed the maps entirely and put them back after a re-save to 'reconnect' them before linking the encounters. It took some time but it is all good now. Cheers