PDA

View Full Version : Missing spells in 5e

jhestyr
July 7th, 2016, 04:47
hi i have the standard license and DD Basic Rules - Player as well as DD5e SRD Data. i appear to be missing some spells like:

Chromatic orb
Phantasmal force
Hail of thorns

Also some of the thief sub-types.

what do i need to do to get the missing content? i tried searching and couldnt find anything relevant. please advise.

LordEntrails
July 7th, 2016, 05:03
Those are in the PHB (Complete Core Class Pack in FG terms) and not in the SRD or the Basic Rules, so they won't be included free with the standard license. You can check the SRD pdf available at wizards.com and if something in the pdf is missing, then SmiteWorks can fix that (but from my purusal, I don't think anything is missing).

damned
July 7th, 2016, 05:24
You can eneter them in manually - it wont take long to enter in those extra spells that you do use - otherwise save your pennies for the PHB - it is a good addition.

jhestyr
July 7th, 2016, 06:21
thank you very much for the quick response.

i didnt realize there were differences in spell lists and other content between 5eSRD and the 5ePHB. a quick google search helped me identify the phb content that was above and beyond the srd.

i hope they consider a discounted smaller bundle with the PHB, DMG, and monsters etc vs the one i saw that was the -entire- collection.

so, coincidentally and until i pony up for another copy of the phb, i found the chromatic orb spell in one of the modules i purchased. while i am not able to drag and drop that onto a character sheet, I was able to manually create the spell myself. [ www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Character_Sheet#Create_A_New_Spell ]

LordEntrails
July 7th, 2016, 15:10
Glad you found what you needed. And sorry I didn't Welcome you to the community!