PDA

View Full Version : Rolemaster Classic: Combat Companion, any way to build an extension for this?

pauljmendoza
July 6th, 2016, 21:59
I have been wondering about the feasibility of doing this, specifically the Combat Styles. Not sure how many people here used that book, but I am wondering if is can be done. Possibly as modifiers?

plastictotoro
July 9th, 2016, 20:06
I have been wondering about the feasibility of doing this, specifically the Combat Styles. Not sure how many people here used that book, but I am wondering if is can be done. Possibly as modifiers?

Do you mean a creature or familiar, that follow a character?

In this case, I created a new character. e.g. a war dog, so the player can pick them additional to his personal character.

Please, keep in mind, that the player have to activate his main character by clicking on the character picture with the RMB.

cheers
plastictotoro

Dakadin
July 9th, 2016, 20:40
Hi Pauljmendoza,

I am not very familiar with the RMC Combat Companion. I just skimmed the Combat Styles and you should be able to do it but it will be slightly manual. I would just create new skills as needed for the combat styles. I would store the details of the styles in the skill Notes field to help keep track of them. Then setup attacks on the Combat tab for the different maneuvers. The GM will need to setup the maneuvers with the appropriate tables. I think that covers the majority of it but let me know of anything specific that I missed.

Dakadin

pauljmendoza
July 10th, 2016, 04:29
That makes sense. Had not thought of that!