nickabbey
July 6th, 2016, 21:22
********EDIT**********
FULL PARTY
Wendesdays from 7-11PM EST.
Play expected to begin 7/27 - earlier if possible
********EDIT**********

FG License: GM has Standard, players need standard or Ultimate

Playing: Fangs from the Past (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=OGMABP01FG2)

Start Date: within the next 2 weeks

Planned Frequency: Weekly. Wednesdays from 7-11PM. All 4 players are required to play.
If you need to miss a session, you may agree to let another player control your character.
Allowing player substitutions is NOT mandatory, it is done at the players' discretion.
Basically, if you skip a week, we all skip that week - unless you designate another player to run your character.
You may ask me to do so, but I will refuse to run more than 1 PC character per week.

Term: 1-4 sessions to work through a module, I will purchase addt'l modules if we wish to continue playing as a group.

Roleplay & Combat mix: roughly 50/50 maybe 40/60 in favor of combat

Players: Looking for 3 additional players. Any legal PFS level 1, preferably core classes or base classes. Advanced are allowed, but you would need to know you class pretty well for me to be ok with it. I'd allow an advanced class for an experienced player that really knows the class well - but if we're both spending a lot of play time figuring out how your advanced character is supposed to work, it will take away from the overall experience of other players. I want to avoid that. You may choose your own roll type, be it heroic, standard or a point buy system, but must disclose your choice to me. My preference is 4d6 drop lowest, assigned at will. I don't care if it takes you 50 rolls to get the stats you want, I only care that you come by those stats honestly. Your character should be exportable in FG format and provided to me with enough time to be vetted prior to first session.

Comms (In order of preference):
Google hangouts video conference
Any other free video conference that we can all use
Teamspeak
Any other free audio conference that we can all us
text chat only IS is permitted but ONLY IF you can HEAR the rest of us and can keep up

Notes:
I'm a new DM with 25 plus years experience playing 3.5 rules and about 6 months playing pathfinder. My DM style is somewhat permissive in that I encourage fun and role play, but I care about the rules and don't bend them unless necessary for a specific reason. I don't intend to kill you, but if the die roll results in a TPK... then we are gonna have to roll new characters. As a player, I am very combat tactic focused, and it generally shows in the way my NPC's do battle.
I've played most classes in 3.5 core and about 1/2 of the classes in Pathfinder.
Rules lawyers are OK under one condition. Namely - If you're going to want to rage quit because I don't know everything you do about the game, then it's not going to be fun for either of us. If you are OK with offering constructive criticisms and assistance in speeding up resolution of rules questions/disputes, then we will do great together.

This is a learning experience for my girlfriend and I - She's never played an RPG and I've never DM'ed.
She has a female human Bard that we rolled together for her to play. She's focused on knowledge checks and buffs out of combat and debuffs/crowd control/ranged in combat. She can backup heal in a pinch using items, but none of her spell slots are dedicated to heals.

Remaining slots would be filled ideally by melee, healer and trapper classes, but it is obviously dependent on interest and any well balanced party will be acceptable. RP encouraged, but player with strong understanding of combat tactics are especially welcomed. I want this to be a fun way to get my GF involved in one of my favorite hobbies and having her play with folks that know the game will be best to ensure everyone's enjoyment.
PS - She won't get any preferential treatment. I've already rolled her 2 backup characters in case she gets killed quickly.

Current Characters:
These are links to character xml files that are shared publicly on my google drive.
This is provided for potential new players to consider the strengths and weaknesses of the party as it currently exists when generating new characters for this adventure.
They can be downloaded and imported in to fantasy grounds for your perusal.
If you wish to use them in other campaigns, you have my permission to do so without asking or notifying me (though I'd be pleased to know if anyone is using my builds and glad for any feedback on improving them)

Cecilyia Vintner - Lvl 1 Bard (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4Ub0r_UYGi5bXJIM0E3VmRRWEE)
Human Fighter (Keroki)
Human Rogue (Kneebone)
Dwarven Cleric (Engwar)

*kneebone has graciously volunteered to roll two characters. Once we get our final player, s/he may choose their role in the group, and kneebone will play whichever of his two characters is needed to round out the party.

Keraki
July 6th, 2016, 22:33
If we can start at 7 i can do wednesday id love to try pathfnder out

nickabbey
July 7th, 2016, 12:20
If we can start at 7 i can do wednesday id love to try pathfnder out

That is probably fine, gives she and I a bit more time to finish dinner and get her little one situated for bed before play starts. Feel free to either pm me a character or attach one here so others interested will know which classes we have in the party. At some point before the initial play session, I'll want us to verify in game connection and voice comms working, during which we can run a couple of encounters with your character to see how your build will fare in the adventure

gaara6666
July 8th, 2016, 00:02
I unfortunately could only play wednesdays. but 23 year D&D players, 5 year pathfinder, and 9 year fantasygrounds user. if it was tuesdays That would be fine by me.

Vhok
July 8th, 2016, 00:34
I can do tuesdays

kneebone
July 8th, 2016, 00:45
Tuesdays and Wednesdays are generally good for me after 6pm, but on rare occasions I may not be able to get online until after 8pm. With that being said, I have been playing D&D in its various incarnations since the Keep on the Borderlands days. I know 3.0/3.5 quite well, so adjusting to PF shouldn't be a problem. I am accustomed to text over voice, but I am willing to get myself a headset and play along. I'm fairly new to FG, but I have a couple sessions under my belt and it went fairly smoothly. I like to play pretty much anything with regards to class, so I will take the left over role and go with it. I have the standard license and would get the PF phb if necessary. Shoot me a pm if I warrant a looksee. If not, all the best!

nickabbey
July 8th, 2016, 15:06
Just a quick update to those interested:

I've accepted Keroki's request, and the time is set to Wednesdays from 7-11.
This module will probably require 2 or 3 play sessions, and if the group enjoys playing together we can transition to other content on the same schedule.

Keroki will play a human fighter, so there are 2 slots left.
One should really be a class that can be a primary combat healer, and I'd like to see a rogue in the last slot, or a trapper of some sort since that kind of glaringly missing from the group.

nickabbey
July 8th, 2016, 15:10
I sent you a PM -feel free to respond.. Also, I might be willing to run parallel sessions on Wed and Tues... so maybe we can discuss that via PM and I'll put up a 2nd LFG if we have enough takers.

****EDIT****
that was supposed to be directed at VHOK.... though also possibly for gara6666. PM me guys!

nickabbey
July 8th, 2016, 19:45
I've accepted kneebone's request, there is now 1 free slot.

Anyone who misses out, I am considering running this twice a week, Tues AND Weds with 2 separate groups. if you're interested in a Tuesday session, PM me and we can see where it goes.

Keraki
July 9th, 2016, 01:30
My PCGen Fighter
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5I7arOyzEd9TnRDUUpDZ2FyLTQ/view?usp=sharing

kneebone
July 9th, 2016, 05:30
I cooked up a melee cleric of Iomadae and a rogue that is pretty standard, and will gladly forward them to you once I figure out how lol. I can find them in my fantasy grounds manage characters thing, so there must be a file somewhere, but that is a job for another day. Any advice for importing exporting things would be welcome. I'm sure it's all very standard and I'm just overlooking something simple. I'll YouTube it tomorrow.

Engwar
July 9th, 2016, 06:12
Are there any slots available for this session? If so I'm available to play anything needed.

nickabbey
July 9th, 2016, 13:36
Are there any slots available for this session? If so I'm available to play anything needed.

There's a slot left for a rogue or a healer. Kneebone has rolled both and will play whichever is needed. Im inclined to give him first choice since he was here first, but I'd encourage you to discuss between yourselves.

nickabbey
July 9th, 2016, 13:54
I cooked up a melee cleric of Iomadae and a rogue that is pretty standard, and will gladly forward them to you once I figure out how lol. I can find them in my fantasy grounds manage characters thing, so there must be a file somewhere, but that is a job for another day. Any advice for importing exporting things would be welcome. I'm sure it's all very standard and I'm just overlooking something simple. I'll YouTube it tomorrow.

This should do it. Open the characters panel and do this:

Engwar
July 9th, 2016, 14:37
I have a dwarven cleric that I enjoy playing, but if kneebone would like to run his cleric that's fine.

kneebone
July 9th, 2016, 15:45
That works Engwar. I'll take the rogue.