PDA

View Full Version : Deadlands reloaded Encounter Issue

Samarex
July 6th, 2016, 04:26
I just got some stuff for Savage Worlds
Deadlands Reloaded Players Manual
Deadlands Reloaded Marshal's Guide
Horror Companion.

I was trying to set up Devils Night. I went to make a encounter and it would not save the Encounter. The Encounter maker box was fine but the Encounter was not added to the Encounter List.

So some troubleshooting as to why, I turned off ALL extensions and just loaded the Campaign with Savage Worlds Deluxe v4.2.5
Everything was fine I could create a encounter and it showed up on the List.

So Started adding 1 Extension at a time to see what was causing it.
When I loaded the Deadlands reloaded Extension v2.2.3 I could no longer create and save a encounter.

Can someone please look into this
Thank You
Samarex1460514606

Samarex
July 6th, 2016, 04:59
Update.
If you use the "COMBAT" tab from the right it opens the Encounter Menu Box and from there you can and a Encounter fine.
But
If you Use the "Personalities" tab. This opens a Box Called "Humans", then you select the Encounters Tab at the top of the Humans Box and the "Encounters" box opens. There you cannot add a encounter

The Attachment
Top used the Combat tab. As seen the name of the encounter shows in the Encounter list
Bottom used the Personalities Tab. As seen when you type the encounter name it does not appear in the Encounter list.

Note: Critters and Human Tab both act the Same. So the Encounter Tab at the top of those windows opens a Encounter Window that will not save. Only opening the encounter window thry the Combat tab works

Talyn
July 6th, 2016, 14:10
First you have to populate your NPC list (for DLR it's two lists: Humans or Critters. Not sure why they did it that way and it technically doesn't matter if you put a Critter in the Humans list or vice-versa) for that scenario.

So from the DLR Marshal's Handbook in the Library, open the Creepy Critters List and/or the Humans List. Drag the NPCs you want to use into their appropriate frame. That makes them active for use in the scenario.
Then open the Encounters and drag the Critters or Humans into the Encounter. Once they're in there, you can add them to the Combat Tracker and then place them on the map and everything is saved.

Far as I know that's the order for every FG rule set? GM Guide / Bestiary master list -> NPC frame -> Encounters frame -> Combat Tracker -> Map.

Hector Trelane
July 6th, 2016, 17:49
Far as I know that's the order for every FG rule set? GM Guide / Bestiary master list -> NPC frame -> Encounters frame -> Combat Tracker -> Map.

Yes sounds right to me.

Updates more recent than the original coding of Deadlands Reloaded added the various "combat" and "encounter" tabs on those windows, leading to some redundant ways to get to the Encounters. This came as part of updates to the CoreRPG engine that now serves as the common foundation to all or most rulesets, including Savage Worlds. I haven't tried to error check this myself but I've noticed there are a couple windows which can open multiple redundant copies due to these new buttons.

phantomwhale
July 7th, 2016, 04:49
(for DLR it's two lists: Humans or Critters. Not sure why they did it that way)

Inexperience with the product and data structures mainly :(

Would be great to unify them again in a similar fashioned to the later developments in D&D rulesets (where you pick the front-end interface as "human" or "monster", but the backend data remains the same) but whatever gets done needs to support backwards compatibility too...

Updates more recent than the original coding of Deadlands Reloaded added the various "combat" and "encounter" tabs on those windows, leading to some redundant ways to get to the Encounters. This came as part of updates to the CoreRPG engine that now serves as the common foundation to all or most rulesets, including Savage Worlds. I haven't tried to error check this myself but I've noticed there are a couple windows which can open multiple redundant copies due to these new buttons.

Yeah, the version in the test channel came a bit out of the blue for me. I've fixed them up now, with lots of help from Smiteworks, so that they "function" (e.g. no console errors, everything still works) but I probably need to give a little more thought as to how things are structured now. Feedback always welcomed (such as this thread - thanks !)

ted.wallerstedt
January 2nd, 2017, 06:16
I am setting up a DLR combat. I have loaded Humans from the Marshals Handbook into an encounter. I can edit the name and set the token, but not edit the other information (Friendly/Foe, Weapons) in the encounter. Dropping the encounter onto the combat tracker, the name is lost. And I cannot edit the attacks on the Combat Tracker.

Is it just me? What I am I doing wrong?

dragonheels
January 5th, 2017, 17:15
Have you checked if they are read-only mode or not ?
If yes, You can just drag the npc evrywhere in the list to copy it. Use that copy and I think it should work

ted.wallerstedt
January 5th, 2017, 23:40
That is a good work around, and it is doing the trick. Thank you.

dragonheels
January 6th, 2017, 11:59
You're weclome !