PDA

View Full Version : botched a module purchase, need a hand

nickabbey
July 5th, 2016, 16:42
Hi there,

I bought a bunch of stuff on steam this weekend to catch some good deals on the 4th of july sale. I purchased two modules, Fantasy Grounds - PFRPG The Road to Revolution: The Campaign (PFRPG) and PFRPG Basic Paths: Fangs from the Past.

I have a standard license installed on both my windows computer and my mac machine under wine. I believe that the initial purchase was made through steam, as it's in my steam store purchase history. The windows machine was installed with steam, but I almost never use it there. In fact the only thing I use the seam install on the windows machine for is to connect to the wine install on my mac laptop for play test content I'm DM'ing (from the wine install under os x, which is my primary installation where I do all my campaign building). Hopefully this isn't a licensing issue.. I guess I will have to clean that up if it is. I DO have a player (demo version) and DM (standard edition) install on my mac in 2 separate wine installs. I just like to use the windows machine so that I have a separate mouse keyboard and screen for play testing as opposed to screen switching between the DM and playre screens locally on the mac.

Anyway, I raise the background because it seems germane to my issue. Since I game on the window machine primarily, and I was on steam, and I have a license for FG in steam and it's installed, I figured I'd just buy a couple of modules since the prices were great. I did. I've since learned that I really should have just bought them on the FG store and installed them directly in to my OS X install. Live and learn... I'll do it this way moving forward - but now I'm in a situation where I have two DLC's that I can't seem to download to my wine install on OS X.

I had hoped to run the basic path with my girlfriend as a way to get her involved. So I tried to install the Fangs from the Past module, but got an error indicating that steam dlc purchased on windows isn't available on my wine install. As it was July 3rd, I figured that trying to email fg support would be in bad form. I know it's a small company and I didn't think that I'd get a response quickly on a holiday weekend. Since Steam, on the other hand is a large company with automated workflows, I thought I would just request a refund for Fangs through steam, and purchase it again directly from the FG store.

I think now that was a mistake that probably compounded the issue.

Currently I am unable to acquire either of the two DLC's I purchased. Fangs was bought via steam, returned via steam, and purchased again via FG store.
The Road to Revolution: The Campaign (PFRPG) was purchased through steam, and I also cannot get that one to install.

Please advise, where to go from here to gain access to my two purchases.
I'd like to play Fangs this Thursday at my tabletop game night with a few pnp players to get them interested in FG, so I'm hoping to resolve that issue quickly.
As for Road to Revolution, I intend to start GM'ing that game next month but I also want to use it immediately as a tool to pick up tips and best practices that i'm still learning. So I don't need that one ASAP as I do with Fangs, but it would be nice to have available soonish.

Thanks for any advise and assistance with moving this forward, and apologies in advance for my snafu.
I'll be using the FG store only for purchases in the future.

ddavison
July 5th, 2016, 17:02
Hello nickabbey,

You can just email me the proof of purchase or Order ID and provide your username and I can link them for you. I did this for several people over the weekend and on the 4th. Email it to [email protected] and I will get you squared away.

-Doug

nickabbey
July 5th, 2016, 17:32
Hello nickabbey,

You can just email me the proof of purchase or Order ID and provide your username and I can link them for you. I did this for several people over the weekend and on the 4th. Email it to [email protected] and I will get you squared away.

-Doug

great, thanks. email is forthcoming. I appreciate the quick response