PDA

View Full Version : Issues with seeing maps and other things.

ambiDEXtrous
July 5th, 2016, 16:39
Hello all,
I recently just downloaded Fantasy Grounds and got into a game here. However, once I started to play and open up the first map I could see tokens and other map features but not the actual map itself when everyone else said they could. I also keep getting a runtime error box popping off that says the following.

"Network Notice: Client ruleset download complete
Runtime Error: Unable to create directory: C:/Program Files (x86)/Fantasy Grounds/cache/Hounds of War
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (tokens/Viper.png) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to create directory: C:/Program Files (x86)/Fantasy Grounds/cache/Hounds of War/usersettings
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (C:/Program Files (x86)/Fantasy Grounds/cache/Hounds of War/usersettings/hotkeys.xml) - Error (2): No such file or directory
Runtime Error: Unable to create directory: C:/Program Files (x86)/Fantasy Grounds/cache/Hounds of War
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (tokens/token_troll.png) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (tokens/Weasel.png) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (tokens/Token_GRIPK.png) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (campaign/images/5cfcd01c09fb0918c8b509eba4d97304.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (campaign/portraits/id-00001) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (campaign/portraits/id-00002) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (campaign/portraits/id-00003) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (campaign/images/UnderdarkMap Cormanthor area.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (campaign/portraits/id-00006) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (campaign/portraits/id-00009) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (campaign/portraits/id-00005) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (campaign/portraits/id-00007) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (campaign/portraits/id-00011) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
"

I've tried resetting the cache, which leads to "Path error in recursive delete (C:/ProgramFiles (x86)/FantasyGrounds//cache/*)

I've also reinstalled the game several times and tried using the updater but nothing is seeming to fix my problem. Hopefully someone will be able to help me, I would really appreciate it and enjoy to be able to play!

Nylanfs
July 5th, 2016, 17:10
Welcome to the FG Community and forums, try and set data folder to another location like in your user folder or something similar.

Zacchaeus
July 5th, 2016, 17:34
Hi ambi. As Nylanfs is hinting at your problem is that you don't have full read/write permission to the folder that FG is trying to save your data to. You need to move everything in that data folder to somewhere else where you do have read/write permission. The default location for pre Win 10 is User/AppData/Roaming/Fantasy Grounds. I'm not terrible sure where the Win 10 default is, but at any rate it should not be in the Program Files (x86) directory.
Once you have moved all of the folders to their new location go into settings and make sure that the Data Directory is pointing at the correct location.